Wayne Mark Rooney (born 24 October 1985) is an English footballer who plays as a forward for Manchester United and the England national team.
Aged nine, Rooney joined the youth team of Everton, for whom he made his professional debut in 2002 at the age of 16. He spent two seasons at the Merseyside club, before moving to Manchester United for £25.6 million in the 2004 summer transfer window. Since then, with Rooney in the team, United have won the Premier League five times, the UEFA Champions League once, the FIFA Club World Cup once and the League Cup twice. In September 2013, Rooney scored his 200th goal for United. He is currently on 216 goals, making him the club’s third-highest goalscorer of all time.
1. I MIGHT HAVE FAULTS BUT I’M NOT A BIG HEAD.
2. I JUST HATE LOSING AND THAT GIVES YOU AN EXTRA DETERMINATION TO WORK HARDER.
3. YOU JUST WANT TO KEEP PLAYING CONSISTENTLY NOW AND KEEP WORKING HARD AND I’M SURE THE GOALS WILL COME.
4. BECOMING A DAD MEANS YOU HAVE TO BE A ROLE MODEL FOR YOUR SON AND BE SOMEONE HE CAN LOOK UP TO.
5. I LOVE FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL IS MY LIFE.
6. NICE TO SEE YOUR HOME FANS BOO YOU. THAT’S WHAT LOYAL SUPPORT IS.
7. I DON’T THINK I LOOK UP TO ANY PLAYERS. OBVIOUSLY YOU RESPECT EVERYONE.
8. I LOVE BARBADOS, IT’S REALLY RELAXING.