Tory Burch (born June 17, 1966) is an American fashion designer, business woman, and philanthropist, who has won several fashion awards for her designs. As of 2014, she is listed as the 79th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes.
Burch was born in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, the daughter of Reva and Ira Earl “Bud” Robinson (b. Jan. 6, 1923 – d. Aug. 9, 2007). She was raised with her three brothers (Robert, James and Leonard) in a Valley Forge farmhouse, a 250-year old Georgian near the Valley Forge National Historical Park.
1. I LIKE BEING BEHIND THE SCENE.
2. I AM ALWAYS INTERESTED IN DESIGNING THINGS THAT HAVE A GREAT PRICE POINT ATTACHED TO IT.
3. I JUST LIKE EASY CLOTHES – COMFORT.
4. FOR ME, IF I CAN DESIGN BEAUTIFUL THINGS THAT HAVE THE PRICE BE LOWER, I AM THRILLED.
5. I COULD EAT GAZPACHO THREE TIMES A DAY.
6. I THINK WOMEN WANT TO LOOK BEAUTIFUL. I THINK THAT’S AN IMPORTANT THING. IT IS RELEVANT.
7. I’M VERY FORGIVING SO I FORGIVE MOST THINGS, REALLY.
8. MY BIGGEST CHALLENGE EVERY DAY IS TO BE A GREAT MOTHER AND A GREAT BUSINESSWOMAN.
9. I NEVER GO OUT DURING THE DAY WITHOUT SUNGLASSES.
10. I THINK YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL. YOU JUST HAVE TO KNOW IT’S GOING TO WORK.
11. ONE OF MY GREATEST TALENTS IS RECOGNIZING TALENT IN OTHERS AND GIVING THEM THE FORUM TO SHINE.