Tammin Pamela Sursok (born 19 August 1983) is a South African- born Australian actress and singer-songwriter. Sursok is best known for her roles as Dani Sutherland on Home and Away, Colleen Carlton on The Young and the Restless and Jenna Marshall on Pretty Little Liars. In 2005, she released her only album to date, Whatever Will Be.
Tammin Sursok was born to Daryl and Julie Sursok in Johannesburg, South Africa. At the age of 4, she emigrated to Sydney, Australia with her family. Her mother Julie is a classically trained pianist and guitarist and as a result, Sursok was brought up surrounded by music. At a young age, Sursok was involved with the Sydney Youth Musical Theatre, where she pursued her interests in acting, music and dance.
1. I ALWAYS WANTED TO PERFORM. I REMEMBER BEING 5 YEARS OLD AND TELLING MY PARENTS TO SIT DOWN AS I WAS GOING TO PUT ON A PLAY FOR THEM.
2. I GREW UP LISTENING TO MOST OF MY PARENTS’ MUSIC LIKE THE BEATLES AND ABBA AND ALL THAT STUFF.
3. I’M A PERFECTIONIST ABOUT BEING ON TIME.
4. IF I EVER HAD TO BE ON AN AMUSEMENT PARK RIDE, I PROBABLY WOULDN’T GET ON ONE; I’M NOT A VERY ADVENTUROUS PERSON!
5. IN AUSTRALIA, THERE IS A VERY FAMOUS SHOW CALLED ‘HOME AND AWAY.’ I WAS CAST ON THAT AT 15. THE DAY I STARTED FILMING, MY LIFE CHANGED.
6. SINGING IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE A PART OF MY LIFE.
7. AUSTRALIA IS AN ISLAND SURROUNDED BY WATER. MY FONDEST MEMORIES GROWING UP WERE TRIPS TO THE BEACH, WALKING AROUND THE HARBOR AND PLAYING IN THE BEAUTIFUL PARKS.
8. MUSIC I CAN DISCOVER A PART OF MYSELF THAT I HAVEN’T BEEN ABLE TO FOR A LONG TIME, AND ACTING IS THE OPPOSITE. I’M IN LOVE WITH BOTH OF THEM AND I WOULD NEVER CHOOSE ONE OVER THE OTHER.
9. THE MUSIC I LOVE LISTENING TO IS MORE OF THE JACK JOHNSON, BEN HARPER, DIDO, JEWEL, NORA JONES, JOSS STONE, A BIT MORE OF THAT ORGANIC LIVE-INSTRUMENTATION FEEL.