Steven R. McQueen (born July 13, 1988) is an American actor and model, best known for his role as Jeremy Gilbert in The CW show The Vampire Diaries.
McQueen was born in Los Angeles, California, the son of Stacey Toten (Stacia Robitaille) and actor/producer Chad McQueen. His paternal grandparents were actor Steve McQueen and Filipina actress Neile Adams. Neile Adams’ niece is Filipino-Spanish socialite Isabel Preysler, mother of Enrique Iglesias, making McQueen and Iglesias second cousins. His stepfather, Luc Robitaille, is a retired NHL hall of famer. McQueen has two younger half siblings, Chase and Madison McQueen, from his father’s remarriage, as well as a half brother, Jessarae Robitaille, from his mother’s remarriage. McQueen uses the name ‘Steven R. McQueen’, professionally, the ‘R’ referring to his mother’s surname of Robitaille.
1. I STARTED WATCHING MOVIES MY GRANDPA DIED, AND I SAW WHAT AN IMPACT THEY MADE ON THE WORLD. THAT’S WHEN I SAID, ‘HEY, I WANT TO DO THAT TOO.’
2. I’VE ALWAYS BEEN ATTRACTED TO THE ‘DON’T FOLLOW THE RULES’ TYPE OF GIRL, THE ROCKER GIRL. I’VE ALWAYS BEEN ATTRACTED TO SOMEBODY WHO YOU CAN LOSE YOURSELF IN THE MOMENT WITH. YOU CAN HANG OUT WITH HER, AND IT’S LIKE YOU’RE THE ONLY TWO PEOPLE IN THE ROOM.
3. I’VE BEEN WATCHING ‘DEXTER’ RECENTLY; I LOVE THAT SHOW. IT’S MY FAVORITE.
4. I THINK THE BEAUTIFUL THING ABOUT ACTING IS YOU DON’T REALLY KNOW WHO YOU ARE. YOU’RE ABLE TO BE WHATEVER YOU WANT ANY DAY DURING THE WEEK. SO I REALLY COULDN’T SEE MYSELF BEING ANYTHING ELSE.
5. KNOWING THAT MY GRANDAD WAS A HIGHLY RESPECTED ACTOR WASN’T NECESSARILY INTIMIDATING, BUT IT DEFINITELY MEANT THERE WAS ALWAYS A PRESSURE TO LIVE UP TO HIS REPUTATION. I THINK THAT’S WHY ACTING WASN’T SOMETHING I EVEN CONSIDERED DOING, AS A KID.
6. I GO TO THE GYM, DO SOME MARTIAL ARTS, AND I LOVE POETRY. I HAVE A TATTOO OF MY FAMILY CREST, AND ANOTHER ON MY BACK THAT SAYS ‘THE ROAD NOT TAKEN,’ WHICH IS A POEM BY ROBERT FROST.
7. I’VE LEARNED MORE AND MORE ON EACH SHOW THAT I’VE DONE. I’VE BEEN BLESSED AND I’VE GOTTEN TO WORK WITH SOME VERY TALENTED ACTORS – JAMES GANDOLFINI, TREAT WILLIAMS. …I’VE KIND OF ALWAYS ASKED FOR ADVICE AND TRIED TO TAKE IN AS MUCH AS I COULD WHENEVER WORKING WITH THEM.