Scarlett Johansson (born November 22, 1984) is an American actress, model, and singer. She made her film debut in North (1994) and was later nominated for the Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead for her performance in Manny & Lo (1996), garnering further acclaim and prominence with roles in The Horse Whisperer (1998) and Ghost World (2001). She shifted to adult roles with her performances in Girl with a Pearl Earring (2003) and Sofia Coppola’s Lost in Translation (2003), for which she won a BAFTA award for Best Actress in a Leading Role; both films earned her Golden Globe Award nominations as well.
1. IT’S NICE TO HAVE A CRUSH ON SOMEONE. IT FEELS LIKE YOU’RE ALIVE, YOU KNOW?
2. IF YOU FEEL GLAMOROUS, YOU DEFINITELY LOOK GLAMOROUS.
3. I’M HAPPIEST WHEN I HAVE SOMETHING TO FOCUS MY ENERGY ON.
4. I DEFINITELY BELIEVE IN PLASTIC SURGERY. I DON’T WANT TO BE AN OLD HAG. THERE’S NO FUN IN THAT.
5. I’M NOT ANXIOUS TO STARVE MYSELF. FOR ME, IT’S NOT AT ALL SEXY TO BE ULTRA-THIN.
6. YOU THINK THAT YOUR LIFE IS GOING TO BE ONE WAY, AND THEN, FOR VARIOUS REASONS OR WHATEVER, IT DOESN’T WORK OUT.
7. I HAVE ALWAYS… EXPECTED A LOT FROM MYSELF.
8. I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO HAVE GONE INTO DIAGNOSTIC MEDICINE.
9. I WOULD NEVER KNOWINGLY GO INTO A FILM THAT I WOULDN’T PAY TO SEE, OR SOMETHING THAT DIDN’T CHALLENGE ME.
10. I JUST WANT TO WORK ON THINGS THAT ARE REALLY HARD, AND WHEN I’M NOT WORKING ON THINGS THAT ARE REALLY HARD, I WANT TO HANG OUT WITH PEOPLE I LIKE TO BE WITH, AND THAT’S IT.
11. I HOPE THEY MAKE A VIDEO GAME OF ME. AT LEAST I WOULDN’T HAVE ANY CELLULITE THEN.
12. ONE OF THE BEST THINGS FOR A WOMAN TO HEAR IS THAT SHE IS SEXY.
13. I’VE ALWAYS BEEN VERY DETERMINED, EVER SINCE I WAS A LITTLE GIRL, TO MAKE MY WAY.
14. I STILL EAT A BURGER AT A COUNTER WITH KETCHUP DRIPPING DOWN MY FACE.
15. IT’S IMPORTANT FOR PEOPLE TO FIGURE OUT THEIR OWN LIVES BEFORE INVOLVING SOMEONE ELSE – TO GAUGE WHERE YOU ARE AND WORK ON YOUR OWN ISSUES.
16. I DON’T DO DAMSEL IN DISTRESS VERY WELL. IT’S HARD FOR ME TO PLAY A VICTIM.
17. I WENT THROUGH THIS REALIZATION THAT ACTING, AT ITS HEART, IS THE ABILITY TO MANIPULATE YOUR OWN EMOTIONS.
18. I BELIEVE IN FINDING A SOULMATE.
19. I JUST ADORED WORKING WITH WOODY. HE WAS MORE THAN I COULD HAVE EVER DREAMED OF. I’D DO IT A MILLION TIMES OVER.
20. IT’S A REQUIRED PART OF YOUR FILM HISTORY TO KNOW WHO WOODY IS. HIS MOVIES ARE SO WONDERFUL, AND NOT JUST FUNNY BUT SO INSIGHTFUL ABOUT HUMAN BEHAVIOR.
21. I VALUE MY PRIVACY AND MY PERSONAL LIFE – AND I CERTAINLY DON’T EXPLOIT MY PERSONAL LIFE.
22. THERE’S NO SUCH THING AS AN AURA OF MYSTERY ANYMORE. IT DOESN’T EXIST. THAT’S A THING OF THE PAST.
23. I MEAN, IT’S NICE TO GET A DINNER RESERVATION AHEAD OF OTHER PEOPLE, BUT WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT, THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME IS THE ACTUAL WORK.