Saoirse Úna Ronan (born 12 April 1994) is an Irish actress. She came to international prominence in 2007 after co-starring as Briony Tallis in the film Atonement with James McAvoy and Keira Knightley, from which she received nominations for a BAFTA a Golden Globe, and an Academy Award, making her one of the youngest actresses to receive an Oscar nomination.
Her film breakthrough was followed by her starring role in Peter Jackson’s The Lovely Bones (2009) where she was awarded a Critics’ Choice Award, a Saturn Award, and a second BAFTA Award nomination for Best Actress.
1. LEARNING IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING, NO MATER HOW YOU DO IT, OR WHERE YOU DO IT, OR WHO YOU DO IT WITH.
2. I WOULDN’T GO DOWN THE ROUTE OF HAVING AN ASSISTANT. I DON’T WANT TO BE LIKE THAT. I WANT TO BE NORMAL.
3. I LIKE BOOKS THAT ARE EXCITING AND THAT MAKE YOU THINK ABOUT THINGS AS WELL.
4. I LISTEN TO EVERYTHING. I LOVE THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS.
5. I LIKE MY CHARACTERS TO BE ONES I THINK ABOUT LONG AFTER I’VE FINISHED READING THE SCRIPT.
6. I DON’T THINK YOU COULD GET ANYTHING WORSE THAN LOSING A CHILD. I THINK IF MY CHILD DIED, I WOULD PREFER IT IF I WERE DEAD.
7. I THINK IF MY CHILD DIED I WOULD PREFER IT IF I WERE DEAD.
8. I’VE ALWAYS WANTED TO ACT AND I GREW UP A LITTLE ON FILM SETS WHEN MY DAD WAS WORKING AS AN ACTOR.
9. I WOULD NEVER WANT TO MOVE TO L.A.
10. I THINK ACTING IS SOMETHING THAT IS WITHIN YOU. IT’S A VERY NATURAL THING FOR ME. IT COMES FROM MYSELF, REALLY.
11. ONE OF THE THINGS THAT WOULD STEER ME AWAY FROM A FRANCHISE IS THAT I’M PLAYING THE SAME CHARACTER ALL THE TIME AND I WOULDN’T WANT TO BE KNOWN FOR THAT.
12. IF I’M IN THE MIDDLE OF A TAKE AND I START TO THINK ABOUT WHAT I’M DOING, I JUST MESS UP AND I HAVE TO STOP AND SO I FIND THAT FOR ME, YOU REALLY NEED TO TRUST YOUR INSTINCT.
13. THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO SAY, ‘YEAH YEAH, I’M A FEMINIST,’ AND THEY’RE NOT, ACTUALLY. I WOULDN’T WANT TO THROW THAT WORD AROUND, BECAUSE IT’S A VERY STRONG THING.