Rodrigo Junqueira dos Reis Santoro (born 22 August 1975) is a Brazilian actor. He has appeared in many successful movies, including Brainstorm (2001), Carandiru (2003), Love Actually (2003), 300 (2006), Che (2008), I Love You Phillip Morris (2009), Rio (2011) and 300: Rise of an Empire (2014). He was also a series regular on the television series Lost portraying the character Paulo. Santoro was born in Petrópolis, Rio de Janeiro state, to Maria José Junqueira dos Reis, an artist, and Francesco Santoro, an engineer. His father is Italian and his mother is Brazilian.
1. I LOVE BOTH THE SUN AND THE MOON, DAY AND NIGHT. BUT I ENJOY THE DAY THE MOST BECAUSE I LIVE IN RIO AND I CAN PLAY SPORTS.
2. I DON’T WANT TO BE IN A POSITION WHERE I’M PLAYING ROLES I’M COMFORTABLE WITH AND MAKING MONEY, BUT DOING IT WITHOUT FEELING LIKE I’M GROWING.
3. IN FILM, YOU’RE ALWAYS USING YOUR TOOLS, YOUR BODY, YOUR VOICE, YOUR EMOTIONS, BUT ONSTAGE, YOU USE THEM IN A DIFFERENT WAY.
4. I TAKE A ROLE BECAUSE IT MAKES SENSE TO ME, RATIONALLY.
5. IT’S HARD, THE GREEN SCREEN; IT’S A DIFFERENT WAY OF WORKING.
6. WHEN YOU SHOOT A MOVIE, THE CAMERA IS ALWAYS TAKING, TAKING, TAKING AND NOT GIVING ANYTHING BACK.