Roberto Cavalli (born 15 November 1940) is an Italian fashion designer from Florence. He is known for detailed exotic prints and for creating the sand-blasted look for jeans which are now a standard style for the majority of jean makers. He is the father of fashion designer Daniele Cavalli (b. 1986).
Roberto Cavalli was born in Florence, Tuscany. His grandfather, Giuseppe Rossi, was a member of the Macchiaioli Movement, whose work is exhibited in the Uffizi Gallery. Cavalli decided to enroll at the local Art Institute, concentrating in textile print. While still a student, he made a series of flower prints on knit that caught the attention of major Italian hosiery factories.
1. I LOVE YOU IF YOU LOVE ME.
2. EVERY GIRL CREATES A DREAM IN HER MIND; EVERYONE NEEDS AN IDOL.
3. SOMETIMES INCOMPETENCE IS USEFUL. IT HELPS YOU KEEP AN OPEN MIND.
4. I LOVE WOMEN’S FASHION, BUT WOMEN DON’T NEED ME AS MUCH AS MEN DO. IT’S THE MEN WHO HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR.
5. I’M USED TO ALWAYS DECIDING EVERYTHING MYSELF. IT’S A BLESSING, BUT ALSO A TERRIBLE DEFECT.
6. I REALLY ADMIRE A WOMAN FOR HER INTELLIGENCE, HER PERSONALITY. BEAUTY IS NOT ENOUGH.
7. IN THE BEGINNING, I LOVED BEING FAMOUS, BUT NOW I AM TIRED OF IT AND I WOULD LIKE TO GO BACK TO MY FREEDOM.
8. I LOVE BEING A FASHION DESIGNER.
9. I ENJOY SEEING PEOPLE HAVE FUN.
10. EXCESS IS SUCCESS.
11. EVERY WOMAN INSPIRES ME.
12. I LOVE A WOMAN, I LOVE TO JUDGE HOW BEAUTIFUL SHE IS, HOW BEAUTIFUL I CAN MAKE HER.
13. FLORENCE AND ART IS SOMETHING THAT IS PART OF MY LIFE AND IS PART OF MYSELF.
14. I FEEL FASHION NEEDS ME FOR MANY, MANY YEARS MORE.
15. TODAY, I’M VERY HAPPY ABOUT MYSELF, BECAUSE I REALIZED MY DREAMS. I LEARNED HOW TO UNDERSTAND WHAT PEOPLE WANT.
16. THE BIG FISH RUN THE SHOW. I’M A MIDDLE FISH, BUT THERE ARE SMALL FISH THAT ARE POISONOUS.