Robert Douglas Thomas Pattinson (born 13 May 1986) is an English actor, model, musician and producer. Pattinson started his career by playing Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. He later landed the leading role of Edward Cullen in the film adaptations of the Twilight novels by Stephenie Meyer, and came to worldwide fame, thus establishing himself among the highest paid and most bankable actors in Hollywood. In 2010, Pattinson was named one of TIME magazine’s 100 Most Influential People in The World, and also in the same year Forbes ranked him as one of the most powerful celebrities in the world in the Forbes Celebrity 100. Since the Twilight series ended in 2012, Pattinson has ventured into doing small independent films.
1. I HAVE BEEN LUCKY, OF COURSE. LIKE, LAST YEAR, IF I WENT OUT, I’D HAVE TO FIGHT TO CHAT SOMEONE UP. THIS YEAR, I LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME, WHICH IS REALLY SCRUFFY, AND YET LOTS OF PEOPLE SEEM TO HAVE JUST CHANGED THEIR MINDS AND DECIDED I’M REALLY SEXY.
2. WHEN I WAS FLYING TO ROME, WE FLEW OVER LONDON; I FELT LIKE BURSTING INTO TEARS. IT’S PART OF ME, SO I CAN’T LEAVE LONDON BEHIND FOR GOOD.
3. I’M NOT ONE OF THESE GUYS WHO’S CONSTANTLY IN A RELATIONSHIP, NOT AT ALL.
4. I HAVE VERY, VERY LOW EXPENDITURES, BUT STILL I MANAGE TO SPEND IT ALL. I GUESS HOT POCKETS ARE MORE EXPENSIVE THAN I THOUGHT.
5. IN AMERICA THERE IS A CHANNEL CALLED TRUTV WHICH IS JUST RERUNS OF ‘COPS’ AND ‘WORLD’S DUMBEST CRIMINALS’. I COULD WATCH THAT THE ENTIRE DAY.
6. I NEVER REALLY CONSIDERED MYSELF ATTRACTIVE. I WAS ALWAYS KIND OF GANGLY IN SCHOOL.
7. IF YOU TOOK AWAY PUBLICISTS AND THINGS AND PEOPLE SPOKE FOR THEMSELVES, THEN THEY’D HAVE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR WORDS.
8. I’D READ THE BOOK AND LIKED THE BOOK, BUT IT MADE ME REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE TRYING TO PICTURE MYSELF IN THIS PART. HERE’S THIS GUY WHO SEEMS TO BE THE EMBODIMENT OF EVERY SINGLE PERFECT GUY.
9. SOMETIMES JUST WHEN I SAY HELLO THE RIGHT WAY, I’M LIKE, ‘WHOA, I’M SO COOL.’
10. THIS THING WITH EVERYONE KNOWING YOU, IT’S WEIRD, BECAUSE PEOPLE HAVE THIS ONE-SIDED RELATIONSHIP WHERE THEY LOOK AT YOUR PICTURE AND FEEL THEY KNOW YOU MORE THAN SOMEONE THEY ACTUALLY KNOW. I DON’T REALLY KNOW MYSELF THAT WELL.
11. I’M, LIKE, A COMPULSIVE EATER. I’M GOING TO BE SO FAT WHEN I’M OLDER, IT’S RIDICULOUS.
12. MY BIGGEST PROBLEM IN MY LIFE IS I’M CHEAP AND I DIDN’T HIRE A PUBLICIST. IN EVERY AWKWARD INTERVIEW, NORMALLY ACTORS GET THESE THINGS SCRIPTED.
13. I STARTED DOING A PAPER ROUND WHEN I WAS ABOUT 10. I STARTED EARNING 10 POUNDS A WEEK AND THEN I WAS OBSESSED WITH EARNING MONEY UNTIL I WAS ABOUT 15.
14. I DON’T KNOW IF I COULD EVER REALLY BE CAST IN A HEARTTHROB ROLE APART FROM ‘TWILIGHT,’ WHICH I DIDN’T REALLY KNOW WAS A HEARTTHROB ROLE. I REALLY DON’T FEEL I AM ONE.
15. I’M AFRAID OF BUYING A HOUSE OR ANYTHING, ‘CAUSE IF THERE’S ONE PAPARAZZI OUTSIDE FOR ONE DAY, THEN THEY’LL NEVER LEAVE.
16. I DID THIS MOVIE ABOUT SALVADOR DALI A FEW YEARS AGO AND HAD HAIR EXTENSIONS AND A LITTLE BOB. THAT WAS INCREDIBLY BIZARRE.
17. MY DAD SAYS HE LIKES TO BASK IN MY GLOW.
18. I REALLY LIKE NICKI MINAJ. I THINK SHE’S GREAT.
19. MY LITTLE COUSIN TELLS ME I LOOK LIKE MAGNETO SO I GUESS THAT’S WHO I SHOULD PROBABLY PLAY.
20. I ALWAYS GET CARRIED AWAY WHEN I’M KISSING. I JUST GO NUTS! WALKING AWAY AFTER IT IS THE STRANGEST MOMENT FOR ME. IT’S EMBARRASSING – NOT KNOWING WHAT TO SAY TO EACH OTHER.
21. PEOPLE DON’T FIND THE PERSONAL LIVES OF PEOPLE WITH MUCH, MUCH MORE POWER THAN ANY CELEBRITY WOULD HAVE – DON’T FIND THEIR PERSONAL LIVES INTERESTING.
22. I WAS ONLY GIVEN THIS LIFE BECAUSE I’M STRONG ENOUGH TO LIVE IT.