Ricky Dene Gervais (born 25 June 1961) is an English comedian, actor, voice actor, film director, producer, musician, screenwriter, and radio presenter.
Gervais worked initially in the music industry, attempting a career as a pop star in the 1980s with Seona Dancing and working as the manager of Suede before turning to comedy. In 2000, he was given a Channel 4 talk show, Meet Ricky Gervais, and then achieved greater mainstream fame a year later with his BBC television series The Office. It was followed by Extras in 2005. He co-wrote and co-directed both series with Stephen Merchant. In addition to writing and directing the shows, Gervais played the lead roles of David Brent in The Office and Andy Millman in Extras.
1. I AM NOT A WOLF IN SHEEP’S CLOTHING, I’M A WOLF IN WOLF’S CLOTHING.
2. WHERE THERE’S A WILL – THERE’S A RELATIVE!
3. WHY BUY A BOOK WHEN YOU CAN JOIN A LIBRARY.
4. LOOK, JUST TELL ME WHERE THAT LEMON CAME FROM AND I’LL SHUT UP AND GO AWAY.
5. THE GRASS ISN’T ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE!
6. WHERE THERE’S A WILL – THERE’S A RELATIVE!
7. HONOR IS A GIFT A MAN GIVES HIMSELF. YOU CAN BE AS GOOD AS ANYONE THAT EVER LIVED. IF YOU CAN READ, YOU CAN LEARN EVERYTHING THAT ANYONE EVER LEARNED. BUT YOU’VE GOT TO WANT IT.