Rebecca Alie Romijn (born November 6, 1972) is an American actress and former fashion model. She is best known for her role as Mystique in the X-Men films and Joan from The Punisher (2004), both from Marvel Comics. She’s also had a recurring role as Alexis Meade on the television series Ugly Betty. During her marriage to actor John Stamos, she was often credited as Rebecca Romijn-Stamos.
Romijn was born in Berkeley, California. Her mother, Elizabeth, is a Community College teacher of English as a Second Language and textbook author.
1. I’D NEVER PLANNED ON BEING A MODEL.
2. I REALLY LIKE LISTENING TO MUSIC WHEN I’M HIKING OR EXERCISING. I DON’T LIKE HEARING MYSELF BREATHE.
3. I THINK LIFE THROWS ENOUGH CURVEBALLS THAT YOU SHOULDN’T MAKE SUCH A BIG DEAL OUT OF EVERYTHING.
4. I LOVE UPLIFTING TELEVISION.
5. I GUESS I CAN BE A LITTLE NEUROTIC SOMETIMES, BUT CAN’T EVERYBODY?
6. I’M NOT FOR GRATUITOUS NUDITY, BUT IF THERE’S HUMOR, I DON’T HAVE A PROBLEM.
7. LIVING IN PARIS WAS A CRASH COURSE IN CHIC.
8. I THINK TO MAKE ANY RELATIONSHIP WORK IT JUST TAKES A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF EFFORT AND ACCEPTING OF ONE ANOTHER.
9. YES. I’VE BEEN ASKED TO POSE NUDE, BUT I NEVER HAVE, AND I PROBABLY NEVER WILL.
10. SEXY AT THE MILLENNIUM MEANS HAVING A SOLID SENSE OF SELF BUT NEVER TAKING YOURSELF TOO SERIOUSLY.
11. LUCKILY, I’M DOING OTHER THINGS BESIDES JUST MODELING, BECAUSE FRANKLY, I’M A LITTLE BORED WITH IT.
12. I WAS NEVER A GIRL WHO DREAMED ABOUT WHAT HER WEDDING DAY WOULD BE LIKE, BUT I’VE ALWAYS DREAMED ABOUT DECORATING MY BABY’S NURSERY.