Alecia Beth Moore Hart (born September 8, 1979), better known by her stage name Pink (stylized as P!nk), is an American singer-songwriter, actress and model. Originally a member of the girl group Choice, she began her solo career with the 2000 single “There You Go”, which was also included on her debut album, Can’t Take Me Home, released later that year. The R&B album went on to be certified double-platinum in the United States. She gained further recognition upon collaborating with Lil’ Kim, Christina Aguilera and Mýa for a cover of “Lady Marmalade” for the 2001 Moulin Rouge! soundtrack. That cover earned Pink her first Grammy Award (for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals) as well as her first number-one single on the Billboard Hot 100.
1. WHEN YOU HAVE A DARK SIDE, NOTHING IS EVER AS GOOD AS IT SEEMS.
2. YOU CAN’T MOVE MOUNTAINS BY WHISPERING AT THEM.
3. THE WILLOW IS MY FAVORITE TREE. I GREW UP NEAR ONE. IT’S THE MOST FLEXIBLE TREE IN NATURE AND NOTHING CAN BREAK IT – NO WIND, NO ELEMENTS, IT CAN BEND AND WITHSTAND ANYTHING.
4. I CHANGE MY MIND SO MUCH I NEED TWO BOYFRIENDS AND A GIRLFRIEND.
5. I READ ALL THE TIME. I LOVE IT. MY FANTASY WOULD BE TO BE LOCKED INTO A LIBRARY. I’D BE VERY, VERY HAPPY.
6. I WAS A VERY DEFENSIVE KID ‘CAUSE I WAS REALLY SENSITIVE UNDERNEATH AND DIDN’T WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW. SO I CAME OFF AS VERY TOUGH AND VERY ANGRY.
7. I’VE ALWAYS LOVED TO PROVE PEOPLE WRONG. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO CROSS COLOR LINES, BECAUSE IN MUSIC, THERE REALLY IS NO BARRIER.
8. I ALWAYS WROTE POETRY AS A TEENAGER AND IT WAS ALWAYS SO DARK, BUT IT MADE ME FEEL GOOD TO GET IT OUT.
9. THE ONLY PROBLEMS I’VE EVER HAD WITH BEING HONEST IS TELLING PEOPLE HOW I FEEL ABOUT THEM OR SAYING HOW I FEEL ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE.
10. CUTTING, AND SUICIDE, TWO VERY DIFFERENT SYMPTOMS OF THE SAME PROBLEM, ARE GAINING ON US. I PERSONALLY DON’T KNOW A SINGLE PERSON WHO DOESN’T KNOW AT LEAST TWO OF THESE VICTIMS PERSONALLY.
11. MY FAVORITE BOOKS, ART PIECES, FILMS, AND MUSIC, ALWAYS HAVE SOMETHING JARRING ABOUT THEM.
12. I HAVE NEVER REALLY ENCOUNTERED ANYBODY THAT WAS RUDE TO ME. WELL, NOT TO MY FACE ANYWAY.
13. FOR THE FIRST FEW YEARS WE PAID ALL THE BILLS FIRST AND DIVIDED WHAT WAS LEFT AS SALARY. SOMETIMES THAT WAS $50 A WEEK.
14. CONSUMERISM DIVERTS US FROM THINKING ABOUT WOMEN’S RIGHTS, IT STOPS US FROM THINKING ABOUT IRAQ, IT STOPS US FROM THINKING ABOUT WHAT’S GOING ON IN AFRICA – IT STOPS US FROM THINKING IN GENERAL.
15. MY DAD RAISED ME WITH SOME GOOD ADVICE: ‘ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH. ALWAYS SHOOT FROM THE HIP. YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE MANY FRIENDS, BUT YOU’LL NEVER HAVE ENEMIES, BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS KNOW WHERE YOU’RE COMING FROM.’
16. ONCE YOU FIGURE OUT WHAT RESPECT TASTES LIKE, IT TASTES BETTER THAN ATTENTION. BUT YOU HAVE TO GET THERE.
17. MY MOM HAS ALWAYS WISHED ME A DAUGHTER JUST LIKE ME.
18. LOADS OF MY FRIENDS ARE LESBIANS, AND IT REALLY ANNOYS ME THAT GAY PEOPLE AREN’T ALLOWED TO GET MARRIED IN MOST PARTS OF AMERICA. I’D GO ON A MARCH FOR GAY RIGHTS ANY TIME.
19. I’M SUCH A CONTROL FREAK, AND IT’S VERY HARD FOR ME TO LOSE MY INHIBITIONS WITHOUT SOMETHING CHEMICAL INSIDE ME.
20. I LIVE IN AMERICA. I LOVE BEING AN AMERICAN.
21. WHEN I FIRST APPEARED, PEOPLE COULDN’T FIGURE OUT WHETHER I WAS GAY, STRAIGHT, BLACK, WHITE OR WHATEVER, AND I LOVED THAT. I LOVED THE FACT IT SCARES PEOPLE.
22. WOMEN HAVE FOUGHT SO LONG AND HARD FOR OUR RIGHTS AND EQUALITY, AND NOW ALL OUR ATTENTION IS PUT ON BEING A SIZE 0.
23. PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS SO SURPRISED WHEN THEY MEET ME. FIRSTLY, THAT I’M ‘SO TINY’, AND SECONDLY THAT I’M ‘SO SWEET’. THEY SEEM SURPRISED THAT THEY’RE NOT SCARED OF ME.
24. A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH PUBLIC CONFRONTATION, BUT IT DOESN’T WORRY ME AT ALL. I CAN HANDLE MYSELF. I KNOW MY MARTIAL ARTS.