Orlando Jonathan Blanchard Bloom (born 13 January 1977) is an English actor. After having his breakthrough by starring in the The Lord of the Rings trilogy, he rose through fame by further appearing in epic fantasy, historical epic and fantasy adventure films. His most famous roles include Legolas in the The Lord of the Rings trilogy and the The Hobbit trilogy, Will Turner in the Pirates of the Caribbean film series, Paris in Troy and Balian de Ibelin in Kingdom of Heaven. He subsequently established himself as a lead in Hollywood films, such as Elizabethtown, and appeared in the ensemble films New York, I Love You, and Main Street.
1. PEOPLE COME INTO YOUR LIFE AND PEOPLE LEAVE IT… YOU JUST HAVE TO TRUST THAT LIFE HAS A ROAD MAPPED OUT FOR YOU.
2. WHATEVER HAPPENS IN LIFE IS FINE – JUST TRUST IN THAT.
3. A FRIEND TOLD ME THAT TEENAGE GIRLS ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO PIN THEIR DREAMS ON. THAT DOESN’T MAKE IT ANY LESS WEIRD THOUGH.
4. I’M ALWAYS AMAZED AT ANYONE’S INTEREST IN WHAT I HAVE TO SAY.
5. FAILURE IS SIMPLY THE NON-PRESENCE OF SUCCESS. BUT A FIASCO IS A DISASTER OF MYTHIC PROPORTIONS.
6. I DON’T DO A FILM UNLESS IT HAS A SWORD IN IT. AND IF IT DOESN’T HAVE A SWORD IN IT, I INSIST THAT THEY HAVE ONE IN THE SAME ROOM TO KEEP ME COMFORTABLE.
7. I DID SEND A GIRL A PLANE TICKET ASKING HER FOR A VISIT, I GUESS THAT’S QUITE ROMANTIC.
8. I HAVE PLAYED A BOXER, A COWBOY, A KNIGHT, A PRINCE, AN ELF AND A PIRATE. I AM SO GLAD TO HAVE DONE ALL OF THAT ALREADY.
9. IF LIFE ISN’T ABOUT HUMAN BEINGS AND LIVING IN HARMONY, THEN I DON’T KNOW WHAT IT’S ABOUT.
10. ELVES ARE COOL, MAN.
11. I THINK IT’S SORT OF A RITE OF PASSAGE FOR A BRITISH ACTOR TO TRY AND GET THE AMERICAN ACCENT AND HAVE A GOOD CRACK AT DOING THAT.
12. I HAD STUDIED THEATER FOR THREE YEARS IN LONDON WHEN SOMEONE SUGGESTED ME FOR THE ROLE.
13. I CRAVE WORKING ON THOSE SMALL INDEPENDENT MOVIES BECAUSE I LOVE GOING TO SEE THOSE MYSELF.
14. ELVES ARE LIKE TREES, GROUNDED AND FOCUSED FROM THE TRUNK DOWN BUT GRACEFUL AND AGILE ON TOP.
15. I KNOW YOU CAN BE UP ONE MINUTE AND DROP THE NEXT, SO I’M TRYING TO MAINTAIN A STEADY COURSE SO I CAN HAVE SOME LONGEVITY.
16. HOW CAN YOU BE IN HELL WHILE YOU ARE IN MY HEART?
17. MAYBE OUR GENERATION IS MORE ABOUT SEX, BUT IT FEELS LIKE ROMANCE IS DYING OUT.
18. WHEN I WAS NINE, I HAD THIS GIRLFRIEND AND WE USED TO HAVE RUNNING RACES IN THE PARK. I WANTED TO BE LIKE SUPERMAN AND FLY IN AND RESCUE HER.
19. I AM A HOPELESS ROMANTIC AND I LOVE TO SPOIL MY GIRLFRIENDS.