Nicole Mary Kidman (born 20 June 1967) is an Australian American actress, singer and film producer. Kidman’s breakthrough film role was in the 1989 thriller Dead Calm. Following several films in the early 1990s, she came to worldwide recognition for her performances in Days of Thunder (1990), Far and Away (1992), and Batman Forever (1995). She followed these with other successful films in the late 1990s. Her performance in the musical Moulin Rouge! (2001) earned her second Golden Globe Award and first Academy Award nomination for Best Actress. Her performance as Virginia Woolf in the drama film The Hours (2002) received critical acclaim and earned Kidman the Academy Award for Best Actress.
1. I WOULD DESCRIBE MYSELF AS EMOTIONAL AND HIGHLY STRUNG. IF SOMETHING UPSETS ME, IT REALLY UPSETS ME. IF SOMETHING MAKES ME ANGRY, I GET REALLY ANGRY. BUT IT’S ALL VERY UPFRONT. I CAN’T HIDE IT. I’M ALSO LOYAL AND I HOPE I’M FUN.
2. I’M NOT SURE WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS BUT I DO KNOW THAT I’M GOING TO BE POSITIVE AND NOT WAKE UP FEELING DESPERATE. AS MY DAD SAID ‘NIC, IT IS WHAT IT IS, IT’S NOT WHAT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN, NOT WHAT IT COULD HAVE BEEN, IT IS WHAT IT IS.’
3. YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE NAKED TO BE SEXY.
4. I’M A PERSON THAT CARRIES EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED TO ME IN MY PAST, WITH ME INTO THE FUTURE. I REFUSE TO LET IT MAKE ME BITTER. I STILL COMPLETELY BELIEVE IN LOVE AND I REMAIN OPEN TO ANYTHING THAT WILL HAPPEN TO ME.
5. I THINK WHEN YOU’RE IN A RELATIONSHIP WHERE YOU REALLY CARE FOR THE OTHER PERSON, WHEN THEY ACHIEVE THEIR DREAMS IT’S BETTER THAN WHEN YOU DO YOURSELF.
6. I LIKE THE PRIVACY OF MY LIFE AND I PROTECT IT QUITE VIGILANTLY.
7. IT’S SO BIZARRE, I’M NOT SCARED OF SNAKES OR SPIDERS. BUT I’M SCARED OF BUTTERFLIES. THERE IS SOMETHING EERIE ABOUT THEM. SOMETHING WEIRD!
8. I BELIEVE THAT AS MUCH AS YOU TAKE, YOU HAVE TO GIVE BACK. IT’S IMPORTANT NOT TO FOCUS ON YOURSELF TOO MUCH.
9. I LOVE WORKING WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE INSPIRED AND OBSESSIVE.
10. I THINK EACH ROLE TAKES A LITTLE FROM YOU AND CIRCLES AROUND YOU FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. I DON’T THINK YOU EVER ABANDON ANY OF THEM.
11. I REFUSE TO LET WHAT HAPPENED TO ME MAKE ME BITTER.
12. I THINK HAVING MY LIFE BE AS PRIVATE AND QUIET AS POSSIBLE IS A WAY IN WHICH THEN I CAN GO AND PLAY CHARACTERS.
13. I’M DRAWN TO THE PSYCHOLOGY OF REALLY INTERESTING, FLAWED PEOPLE.
14. I LOVE ACTING, BUT IT’S MUCH MORE FUN TAKING THE KIDS TO THE ZOO.
15. I DON’T REALLY MAKE DECISIONS, I GO WITH THE FLOW.
16. WHAT’S THE POINT OF DOING SOMETHING GOOD IF NOBODY’S WATCHING.
17. I WOULD RATHER BE TOUGH ON MYSELF THAN HAVE OTHER PEOPLE BE TOUGH ON ME.
18. I ALWAYS WANTED TO GET MARRIED WITH JUST CANDLES! I THINK CANDLELIGHT IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LIGHT THERE IS AND THERE’S SOMETHING VERY SPIRITUAL ABOUT IT.
19. MY LIFE COLLAPSED. PEOPLE RAN FROM ME BECAUSE SUDDENLY IT WAS ‘OH MY GOD! IT’S OVER FOR HER NOW!’
20. I FIND STANDING AND POSING FOR PHOTOS VERY AWKWARD.