Natalia Nikolaevna Zacharenko (born July 20, 1938 – November 29, 1981) was an American film and television actress best known for her screen roles in Miracle on 34th Street, Splendor in the Grass, Rebel Without a Cause, and West Side Story. After first working in films as a child, Wood became a successful Hollywood star as a young adult, receiving three Academy Award nominations before she was 25 years old.
1. THE ONLY TIME A WOMAN REALLY SUCCEEDS IN CHANGING A MAN IS WHEN HE IS A BABY.
2. WE WERE DESCENDED FROM ROYALTY.
3. AT NIGHT, WHEN THE SKY IS FULL OF STARS AND THE SEA IS STILL YOU GET THE WONDERFUL SENSATION THAT YOU ARE FLOATING IN SPACE.
4. I THOUGHT IT WAS A WONDERFUL LINE – RIGHT ON THE CUTTING ROOM FLOOR.
5. I’M JUST GOING TO HAVE TO GROW OLD, BECAUSE I’M TOO TERRIFIED TO HAVE ANYTHING DONE.
6. I COULDN’T EVEN GO TO THE BATHROOM ALONE. MY MOTHER OR A SOCIAL WORKER ALWAYS WENT WITH ME.
7. I SAW MY PARENTS AS GODS WHOSE EVERY WISH MUST BE OBEYED OR I WOULD SUFFER THE PENALTY OF ANGUISH AND GUILT.
8. WHEN I GET MARRIED IT WILL BE FOR KEEPS.
9. FOR THE FIRST TIME I FEEL AN INNER EMOTIONAL SECURITY. THERE IS REALITY AND DEPENDABILITY. MY LIFE REVOLVES AROUND RICHARD AND THE BABY.