Miuccia Prada (born 10 May 1949) is the Italian fashion designer and entrepreneur behind Prada and Miu Miu.
The youngest granddaughter of Mario Prada, she took over the family-owned luxury goods manufacturer in 1978. Since then, the company has acquired Jil Sander, Helmut Lang and shoemaker Church & Co. In 2002, Prada opened her own contemporary art gallery. In March 2013, she was one of the fifty best-dressed over 50s by the Guardian. As of 2014, she is listed as the 75th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes.
1. I WOULD SAY THERE IS NO PRADA WOMAN. I’M INTERESTED IN WOMEN IN GENERAL. I DON’T HAVE ANY KIND OF PREFERENCE.
2. I LIKE THE IRONY IN MY WORK.
3. FASHION FOSTERS CLICHES OF BEAUTY, BUT I WANT TO TEAR THEM APART.
4. I HATE THE IDEA THAT YOU SHOULDN’T WEAR SOMETHING JUST BECAUSE YOU’RE A CERTAIN AGE.
5. WHEN I WAS YOUNGER, SHOPPING HELPED ME DISCOVER MANY NEW PLACES AND MANY NEW THINGS.
6. I ALWAYS LOVED AESTHETICS. NOT PARTICULARLY FASHION, BUT AN IDEA OF BEAUTY.
7. I HAD NO FUN. MY FAMILY WAS TOO SERIOUS.
8. I JUST HATE TALKING ABOUT MYSELF.
9. DARING TO WEAR SOMETHING DIFFERENT TAKES EFFORT.
10. I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE DIFFERENT. I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE FIRST.
11. THE ONLY WAY TO DO SOMETHING IN DEPTH IS TO WORK HARD.