Sir Michael Philip “Mick” Jagger (born 26 July 1943) OBE is an English musician, singer, songwriter and actor, best known as the lead vocalist and a founder member of The Rolling Stones.
Jagger’s career has spanned over 50 years. His performance style has been said to have “opened up definitions of gendered masculinity and so laid the foundations for self-invention and sexual plasticity which are now an integral part of contemporary youth culture,” and he has been described as “one of the most popular and influential frontmen in the history of rock & roll”. His distinctive voice and performance, along with Keith Richards’ guitar style, have been the trademark of The Rolling Stones throughout the career of the band. In 1989, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with the Rolling Stones.
1. LOSE YOUR DREAMS AND YOU MIGHT LOSE YOUR MIND.
2. IT’S ALL RIGHT LETTING YOURSELF GO, AS LONG AS YOU CAN GET YOURSELF BACK.
3. I BELIEVE WE SHOULD ENCOURAGE CHILDREN TO SING AND PLAY INSTRUMENTS FROM AN EARLY AGE.
4. MY SECRETS MUST BE POETIC TO BE BELIEVABLE.
5. I MUST BE CAREFUL NOT TO GET TRAPPED IN THE PAST. THAT’S WHY I TEND TO FORGET MY SONGS.
6. A LOT OF TIMES SONGS ARE VERY MUCH OF A MOMENT, THAT YOU JUST ENCAPSULATE. THEY COME TO YOU, YOU WRITE THEM, YOU FEEL GOOD THAT DAY, OR BAD THAT DAY.
7. PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW YOU. THEY KNOW THE THINGS ABOUT YOU THAT YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN.
8. THE PAST IS A GREAT PLACE AND I DON’T WANT TO ERASE IT OR TO REGRET IT, BUT I DON’T WANT TO BE ITS PRISONER EITHER.
9. THANK YOU FOR LEAVING US ALONE BUT GIVING US ENOUGH ATTENTION TO BOOST OUR EGOS
10. AS LONG AS MY FACE IS ON PAGE ONE, I DON’T CARE WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT ME ON PAGE SEVENTEEN.
11. I GOT NASTY HABITS; I TAKE TEA AT THREE.
12. I HAVEN’T HAD THE TIME TO PLAN RETURNING TO THE SCENE BECAUSE I HAVEN’T LEFT IT.
13. ANYTHING WORTH DOING IS WORTH OVERDOING.
14. ANARCHY IS THE ONLY SLIGHT GLIMMER OF HOPE.
15. YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING AND YOU LOOK AT YOUR OLD SPOON, AND YOU SAY TO YOURSELF, ‘MICK, IT’S TIME TO GET YOURSELF A NEW SPOON.’ AND YOU DO.
16. THE ELUSIVE NATURE OF LOVE… IT CAN BE SUCH A FLEETING THING. YOU SEE IT THERE AND IT’S JUST FLUTTERING AND IT’S GONE.
17. I HAVE NEVER WANTED TO GIVE UP PERFORMING ON STAGE, BUT ONE DAY THE TOURS WILL BE OVER.
18. I AM NOT A LIBRARIAN OF MY OWN WORK. IT’S A GOOD THING NOT TO BE TOO INVOLVED WITH WHAT YOU HAVE DONE.