Lucy Kate Hale (born June 14, 1989) is an American actress and singer. She was one of five winners of the reality show American Juniors. She is best known for her role as Aria Montgomery on the ABC Family series Pretty Little Liars. She released her debut single, “You Sound Good to Me”, in January 2014.
Hale is a native of Memphis, Tennessee. She was named after one of her great-grandmothers. Her mother is a registered nurse. She has an older sister Maggie who is a teacher and a step-brother Wes. Hale was homeschooled. During her childhood, she took acting and singing lessons. In August 2012, Hale revealed she had suffered from an eating disorder.
1. SURROUND YOURSELF WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE, AND REALIZE YOUR OWN WORTH. HONESTLY, THERE ARE ENOUGH BAD PEOPLE OUT THERE IN THE WORLD – YOU DON’T NEED TO BE YOUR OWN WORST ENEMY.
2. BUT LITTLE WHITE LIES HERE AND THERE IS HUMAN NATURE. EVERYBODY DOES THAT.
3. THE IMAGE YOU SEE OF ME OUT IN PUBLIC IS REALLY DIFFERENT FROM WHO I AM IN REAL LIFE.
4. MY ULTIMATE DREAM IS TO BECOME A FAMOUS STAR BECAUSE I LOVE TO SING.
5. MY FAVORITE TOY GROWING UP WAS POLLY POCKET. BUT ONE GIFT THAT I WANTED THOUGH NEVER RECEIVED FOR CHRISTMAS WAS A PAIR OF TRAMPOLINE MOON SHOES. YOU STRAP THEM TO YOUR FEET AND THEY HAVE SPRINGS ON THEM, AND YOU CAN JUST JUMP AROUND!
6. IT’S HARD TO COME ACROSS A TRUE COUNTRY FAN IN L.A., BUT IT’S TRUE THAT THE FANS ARE SO LOYAL, ONCE YOU’RE IN THEIR CIRCLE, YOU’RE IN FOR YOUR ENTIRE CAREER. IT JUST REALLY SPEAKS TO ME. COUNTRY MUSIC HAS SO MUCH SOUL AND IS SO HEARTFELT. I THINK IT’S A PERFECT FIT FOR ME.
7. THERE WERE A LOT OF HEADS TURNING WHEN PEOPLE FOUND OUT I WAS DOING MUSIC AND WHEN THEY FOUND OUT IT WAS COUNTRY, THEY WERE LIKE, ‘WHAT?’
8. I GREW UP PERFORMING AND SINGING. AND ACTING, THE IDEA OF IT JUST SORT OF FELL INTO MY LAP. AND I WAS A LITTLE HESITANT AT FIRST, BUT I WAS LIKE, ‘OKAY, I’LL TRY IT.’
9. I OVERANALYZE THINGS WAY TOO MUCH, TO THE POINT WHERE IT AFFECTS MY LIFE. LIKE, WHEN I’M TALKING TO A BOY, I’LL OVERANALYZE A TEXT MESSAGE HE SENT. AND I HAVE TO THINK TO MYSELF, ‘JUST CHILL OUT. SOME GUY SENT ME A TEXT MESSAGE. THAT’S ALL. DON’T READ SOMETHING INTO IT THAT’S NOT THERE. JUST BE GLAD HE SENT YOU A TEXT MESSAGE!’
10. I’M A REALLY GOOD JUGGLER.
11. I HATED SCHOOL, BUT I WAS A GOOD STUDENT. I MADE STRAIGHT A’S.
12. I HATE FLYING. I DON’T LIKE PLANES. I GET REALLY ANXIOUS.
13. I LOVE MOVIES LIKE ‘500 DAYS OF SUMMER’ AND ‘JUNO.’ SOMETHING OFFBEAT WITHOUT THE GLAMOUR AND THE MAKEUP AND THE CLOTHING.
14. I LOVE ‘PARANORMAL ACTIVITY’ AND ‘THE EXORCIST.’ ‘THE SHINING’ IS A GREAT ONE TOO, BUT THERE’S NOT A LOT THAT SCARES ME. MAYBE IT’S BECAUSE I KNOW THE OTHER SIDE OF IT, AND I KNOW HOW MOVIES ARE MADE, BUT IT TAKES A LOT FOR ME TO GET FREAKED OUT.
15. I DON’T REALLY BELIEVE IN CLIQUES – I THINK EVERYONE CAN BE FRIENDS WITH EVERYONE.
16. I DEFINITELY USED TO LIE ABOUT MY AGE. I’M FROM TENNESSEE AND EVERYONE WOULD VACATION IN DESTIN, FLORIDA, WHERE THERE ARE LOTS OF CUTE GUYS. I WOULD GO WITH MY OLDER SISTER AND LIE ABOUT MY AGE TO THEM.
17. I DEFINITELY LOVE THAT ALL THESE CAR BRANDS ARE COMING OUT WITH HYBRID FORMS OF EVERY CAR THAT THEY HAVE. IT’S VERY AWESOME BECAUSE I THINK IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE, AND IT DOESN’T HURT THAT YOU SAVE A LOT OF MONEY ON GAS.
18. I JUST LOVE THE THRILL OF PERFORMING ON STAGE. I BELIEVE THAT SINGING IS SOMETHING I WAS PUT HERE TO DO.
19. I’D LOVE TO GO TO FASHION WEEK! I’M LEARNING MORE ABOUT DESIGNERS, THANKS TO ‘PRETTY LITTLE LIARS” COSTUME DESIGNER, MANDI LINE.
20. WHEN I DRESS UP FOR EVENTS, I PREFER MARC JACOBS AND DIOR. BUT I DREAM ABOUT WEARING CHANEL ONE DAY.
21. I’M FROM TENNESSEE. MY MOM LIVES IN NASHVILLE. I’M BORN AND BRED COUNTRY. THAT’S ALL I LISTEN TO.
22. I GET BORED EASILY.
23. I WAS HOME SCHOOLED, SO I NEVER GOT A YEARBOOK.
24. I’M SO BOY-CRAZY. IT’S LIKE I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT’S WRONG WITH ME. I LOVE BOYS.
25. I FEEL LIKE GIRLS IN GENERAL WILL ALWAYS WORRY ABOUT THE SAME THINGS, AND IT’S ALL APPEARANCE RELATED. THAT WILL ALWAYS BE THERE. WHEN YOU GROW OLDER, YOU GROW MORE CONFIDENT WITH WHO YOU ARE.