Kimberly Denise Jones (born July 11, 1974 or 1975) known by her stage name Lil’ Kim, is an American rapper, singer-songwriter, record producer, model, and actress. She was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, living much of her adolescent life on the streets after being expelled from home. In her teens, Jones would freestyle rap, heavily influenced by actress/singer Diana Ross, and fellow female hip-hop artists like MC Lyte and The Lady of Rage. Performing a freestyle rap for The Notorious B.I.G. got her music career start in 1995 with his group Junior M.A.F.I.A., whose debut album Conspiracy generated three hit singles.
1. I AM BLESSED TO HAVE SO MANY GREAT THINGS IN MY LIFE – FAMILY, FRIENDS AND GOD. ALL WILL BE IN MY THOUGHTS DAILY.
2. I’M A GIRLY GIRL. I’M STRONG, BUT I’M VERY TIMID. VERY DAINTY.
3. I LOVE SPENDING TIME WITH MY DOG, MY NIECE AND MY FAMILY. I’M VERY FAMILY-ORIENTED.
4. I AM DEFINITELY THE QUEEN. I DEFINITELY SEE MYSELF AS THE QUEEN.
5. I LOVE TO REINVENT MYSELF, AND THAT’S BECAUSE I AM A VERY FREE PERSON. I DO WHAT I FEEL, AND I LOVE WHO I AM.
6. I RESPECT EVERYBODY, BUT AT THE SAME TIME, I CARRY MYSELF WITH AN AURA THAT DEMANDS RESPECT, TOO.
7. I KNOW I ALWAYS SAY MY OCCUPATION IS NOT DANCING, BUT DANCING IS IN MY HEART, DANCING MAKES ME FEEL GOOD.
8. I LIKE TO LIVE RIGHTEOUS. AND I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW I’M NOT TRYING TO GET OUT OF ANYTHING.
9. I’VE ALWAYS EXPRESSED MY LOVE FOR FASHION THROUGH MY MUSIC.
10. A LOT OF PEOPLE LET ME DOWN… A LOT OF PEOPLE I THOUGHT WERE MY FRIENDS TURNED ON ME.
11. FROM BEING IN THE INDUSTRY AS A TEENAGER, I’M SO USED TO GETTING MAKEUP DONE ALL DAY.