Leighton Marissa Meester (born April 9, 1986) is an American actress and singer. Meester starred as Blair Waldorf in the CW’s teen drama television series Gossip Girl (2007–2012). She has also appeared in the 2010 country drama film Country Strong, the 2011 thriller The Roommate, the 2011 romantic-comedy Monte Carlo, and the 2012 comedies That’s My Boy and The Oranges.
In addition to her acting career, Meester has also ventured into music. She released two singles, recorded songs for various soundtracks and collaborated with several artists, being notably featured on Cobra Starship’s “Good Girls Go Bad” (2009). Her musical style has since shifted from pop to folk. In 2012, she embarked on a mini tour with folk band Check in the Dark, with whom she had been working with since 2010.
1. EVEN WHEN PEOPLE ARE SO JUDGMENTAL ABOUT WHAT YOU WEAR OR YOUR WEIGHT YOU JUST HAVE TO STEP AWAY AND BE LIKE, ‘I’M A NORMAL, FINE HUMAN BEING.’
2. I’VE NEVER FALLEN IN LOVE RIGHT OFF THE BAT. I GET SCARED TO SAY I LOVE YOU TOO SOON BECAUSE IT MEANS SO MUCH. IT MEANS YOU’RE NOT SEEING AN END TO THINGS.
3. I THINK YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW YOU FEEL WHEN YOU’RE SAD AND IT’S HEALTHY TO MOURN IF A RELATIONSHIP ENDS.
4. I LOOK UP TO MY MOM. SHE’S A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN.
5. ANY FEAR OF AGING, I THINK, IS SIMPLY VANITY.
6. I’M SO ACCUSTOMED TO BEING ALONE.
7. I LIKE TO BE JUDGED BY MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS BECAUSE THEY KNOW ME.
8. I BELIEVE IN LOVE, CHILDREN AND BEING A GOOD PERSON.
9. THE ONLY TIME A RELATIONSHIP IS GOOD IS WHEN YOU REALLY LOVE THEM.
10. YOU KNOW HOW YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO CHOOSE BETWEEN PLAYING UP YOUR EYES OR YOUR LIPS? I ALWAYS CHOOSE LIPS. I LOVE THE DRAMA.
11. I DON’T WANT TO HAVE A FRIEND UNLESS I CAN CALL THEM ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS.
12. I FEEL MORE MATURE THAN MOST PEOPLE MY AGE.
13. GUYS WHO ARE UNAVAILABLE ARE ACTUALLY A DREAM COME TRUE FOR ME BECAUSE I’M UNAVAILABLE ALL THE TIME. IT’S GREAT THEY’RE NOT DOWN YOUR THROAT.
14. I REALLY LIKE TO BE ABLE TO HAVE VARIETY AND TO TRY DIFFERENT THINGS – THAT’S THE BEAUTY OF FASHION.
15. PEOPLE ARE PRETTY RESPECTFUL FOR THE MOST PART.
16. I WANT AN IDENTITY OUTSIDE OF MY WORK.
17. I DIDN’T REALLY LIKE MODELING; IT WAS FUN BUT I ALWAYS WANTED ACTING.
18. A NUTRITIONIST HELPS ME EAT HEALTHILY AT HOME.
19. I FEEL LIKE MY FRIENDS ARE IN A CULT BECAUSE WE’RE LIKE, ‘NO OUTSIDERS!
20. I REMEMBER LOOKING THROUGH MAGAZINES OR WATCHING MOVIES EVEN JUST A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO AND BEING LIKE, ‘I REALLY WANT TO BE PART OF THAT,’ BUT NOT REALIZING WHAT THAT WAS.
21. I’VE NEVER BEEN CRAZY. I’M A VERY GOOD GIRL, TO BE HONEST. I DON’T DO ANYTHING TO HURT ANYBODY.
22. I GREW UP READING ‘SENSE AND SENSIBILITY’ AND ‘PRIDE AND PREJUDICE’ – GIRLY KIND OF BOOKS.
23. I’M A GROWN WOMAN AND SOMETIMES, I MIGHT BE A LITTLE FAT, YOU KNOW? AM I ALONE THERE? NOT REALLY.
24. IN THIS WORLD, EVERYONE WANTS TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU, AND I THINK THAT’S FUNNY.
25. I ALWAYS CHANGE MY HAIR, BUT I DON’T LIKE HAIRCUTS!
26. EVERYONE HAS THIS UNIVERSAL UNDERSTANDING OF ROOMMATE DRAMA.
27. I COULDN’T RELATE TO KID STUFF. ‘JIMMY DOESN’T LIKE ME!’ WHO CARES? I WAS WORRIED WE DIDN’T HAVE GAS MONEY OR FOOD. THOSE WERE MY CONCERNS.
28. I LOVE LIVE MUSIC AND I LOVE TO SEE PEOPLE’S FACES WHEN I’M PERFORMING.
29. I DO SO MUCH WORK THAT I DON’T HAVE A LOT OF TIME FOR MY LIFE!
30. I DON’T WANT TO HANG OUT WITH SOME GUY I JUST LIKE.
31. I NEVER PLAYED SPORTS. I WASN’T ANY GOOD AT THEM.
32. I WATCHED A LOT OF TV, AND IT CLICKED ONE DAY THAT THESE PEOPLE WERE ACTING. IT SOUNDED LIKE THE MOST FUN THING EVER.
33. I’M NOT SURE I EVER WANT TO GET MARRIED.
34. I’VE BEEN SO BLESSED TO WORK WITH THE PEOPLE I HAVE.