Laura Leggett Linney (born February 5, 1964) is an American actress and singer. She is most well known for her performances in films such as The Truman Show, Mystic River and Kinsey, among others. She also played the lead role of Cathy Jamison in the Showtime series The Big C, which completed its fourth and final season in May 2013.
During her career she has received four Emmy Awards, two Golden Globe Awards and a Screen Actors Guild Award. Additionally she has been the recipient of three Academy Award nominations and three Tony Award nominations.
1. A MAGNETIC PERSONALITY DOESN’T NECESSARILY INDICATE A GOOD HEART.
2. JUST BECAUSE YOU’RE NOT FAMOUS, DOESN’T MEAN YOU’RE NOT GOOD.
3. I THINK THE WAY WE TALK ABOUT CANCER HAS REALLY EVOLVED. I REMEMBER THE WAY MY GRANDMOTHER USED TO TALK ABOUT IT, LIKE A DEATH SENTENCE, NO-ONE WOULD EVEN MENTION THE WORD.
4. I CAN SCARCELY STAND TO HAVE A MANICURE. I HAVE TO HAVE THEM BECAUSE YOU DON’T WANT TO LOOK LIKE A DISGUSTING HUMAN BEING – IT’S SELF-CARE AND IT HAS TO HAPPEN, BUT I GET VERY RESTLESS.
5. I COULD HAVE GONE TO THE GYM FOR THREE HOURS A DAY AND BOUGHT INTO ALL THAT, BUT I JUST WASN’T INTERESTED.
6. I FIND THE WHOLE DISDAIN FOR AGEING CRAZY.
7. TRAITS LIKE HUMILITY, COURAGE, AND EMPATHY ARE EASILY OVERLOOKED – BUT IT’S IMMENSELY IMPORTANT TO FIND THEM IN YOUR CLOSEST RELATIONSHIPS.
8. I HOPE THAT ANYONE I WORKED WITH WOULDN’T EXPLOIT OUR RELATIONSHIP.
9. PEOPLE’S VIEW OF CANCER WILL CHANGE WHEN THEY HAVE THEIR OWN RELATIONSHIP WITH CANCER, WHICH EVERYONE WILL, AT SOME POINT.
10. I CRAVE A CONE OF SILENCE EVERY ONCE IN WHILE.
11. WHAT I HOPE IN MY IDEAL WORLD IS THAT WITH EACH PROJECT, I’LL EITHER GET TO WORK WITH A REALLY GREAT SCRIPT THAT WOULD FORCE ME TO GROW, OR WORK WITH A REALLY GREAT ACTOR WHO WILL MAKE ME BETTER.
12. WORKING WITH SPECIAL NEEDS CHILDREN IS HARD.
13. AT SCHOOL I WAS ALWAYS TRYING TO CON MY TEACHERS INTO LETTING ME ACT OUT BOOK REPORTS INSTEAD OF WRITING THEM.
14. I CERTAINLY DIDN’T HAVE A NANNY.
15. I DON’T THINK YOU SHOULD EXPLOIT YOUR OWN PAIN.