Kristen Anne Bell (born July 18, 1980) is an American actress and singer. In 2001, she made her Broadway debut as Becky Thatcher in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. After moving to Los Angeles, Bell landed various television guest appearances and small film parts before appearing in a lead role in the David Mamet film Spartan. She later gained fame and critical praise as the title character on the television series Veronica Mars from September 2004 to May 2007. She reprised the eponymous role in the 2014 film continuation of the series. Since 2012, Bell has starred as Jeannie van der Hooven in the Showtime series House of Lies.
1. I’M NOT HOMELY ENOUGH TO PLAY THE NERDY GIRL AND NOT NEARLY PRETTY ENOUGH TO PLAY THE PRETTY GIRL.
2. I HAVE THE MOUTH OF A SAILOR.
3. WHEN I SEE SOMETHING UNJUST, I HAVE TO INTERVENE – IT’S HARD FOR ME TO WATCH THE UNDERDOG SUFFER.
4. DETROIT, THE HEART OF THE COUNTRY… I GREW UP ON 10 MILE, 2 MILES BETTER THAN 8 MILE.
5. I’M NOT GOING TO BECOME ANYBODY I DON’T WANT TO BECOME.
6. WHAT WAS PREVIOUSLY PERCEIVED AS NERDY IS NOW VIEWED AS ORIGINAL. WHAT I LIKE ABOUT NERDINESS, GEEKINESS, IS IT DOESN’T REALLY MATTER WHAT YOU’RE INTO – IT JUST MEANS YOU’RE NOT A FOLLOWER.
7. I LOVE NERDS. COMIC-CON JUNKIES ARE THE TASTEMAKERS OF TOMORROW. ISN’T THAT FUNNY? THE TABLES HAVE TURNED.
8. I’VE ALWAYS BEEN A SERIAL MONOGAMIST.
9. SOMETHING MAGICAL HAPPENED WHEN I TURNED 25 – I LOOKED IN THE MIRROR AND WAS LIKE, ‘YOU MIGHT NOT GET CARDED FOR AN R-RATED MOVIE ANYMORE.’ LIKE I DIDN’T HAVE A LITTLE STICK FIGURE ANYMORE.
10. I’M A GEEK WHO LOVES FASHION. THERE’S BEEN A REINVENTION OF THE WORD GEEK. IT MEANS BEING PASSIONATE ABOUT ANYTHING THAT’S UNDER THE RADAR OR SORT OF FROWNED UPON, LIKE COMIC-CON.