Christopher Catesby “Kit” Harington (born 26 December 1986) is an English actor who rose to fame playing the role of Jon Snow, a main character in the series Game of Thrones. He starred as Albert Narracott in the original West End production of War Horse. Harington also plays the lead role of Milo in the 2014 film Pompeii.
Harington was born in London and lived there until he was eleven. At the age of eleven, he moved to Worcester, remaining there until he was eighteen, when he moved back to London. He is the son of David Richard Harington and Deborah Jane, who was a playwright and taught creative writing for Birmingam University. He was named after Christopher Marlowe.
1. WORKING WITH ANIMALS IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE TOUGH BECAUSE THE ANIMAL DOESN’T KNOW IT’S AN ACTOR.
2. I JUST DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT FASHION.
3. I TRY NOT TO READ THE SOCIAL NETWORKS TOO MUCH. I FIND THAT WAY MADNESS LIES.
4. THERE ARE LOTS OF ACTORS OUT THERE WHO ARE HUGELY, HUGELY TALENTED AND HAVEN’T GOT THE BREAKS I’VE HAD.
5. THERE’S A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN STAGE FIGHTING AND REAL SWORD FIGHTING.
6. I WEAR QUITE FITTED CLOTHING. I DON’T LIKE WEARING BAGGY STUFF.
7. I LOVE GOING OUT. I LOVE PARTYING.
8. YOU FIND WITH THE REALLY GREAT ACTORS, THE ONES YOU REALLY ADMIRE AND LOOK UP TO, VERY OFTEN THEY’RE VERY GIVING, GENEROUS, WARM PEOPLE.
9. THE BEST PEOPLE TO HAVE POWER ARE THE ONES WHO DON’T WANT IT.
10. POLITICS IS A GAME AND A PROFESSION. IT DOESN’T REALLY SERVE THE PEOPLE THE POLITICIANS ARE SUPPOSED TO SERVE.
11. I’M VERY LUCKY, I’VE GOT TWO VERY LOVING PARENTS, STILL VERY MUCH TOGETHER, AND ALWAYS BEEN VERY SUPPORTIVE.