Kate Garry Hudson (born April 19, 1979) is an American actress. She came to prominence in 2001 after winning a Golden Globe and receiving several nominations, including one for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, for her role in Almost Famous. She then starred in the hit film How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days in 2003. She has since appeared in films such as Raising Helen (2004), The Skeleton Key (2005), You, Me and Dupree (2006), Fool’s Gold (2008), The Reluctant Fundamentalist (2012) and Bride Wars (2009). She has played a recurring role on the musical comedy-drama television series Glee as Cassandra July.
1. NEVER WORRY ABOUT BAD PRESS: ALL THAT MATTERS IS IF THEY SPELL YOUR NAME RIGHT.
2. I’M SUPERSTITIOUS… BUT NOT LIKE WEAR THE SAME UNDERWEAR FOR TWO WEEKS SUPERSTITIOUS.
3. I’M NOT AFRAID OF HEIGHTS. I ROCK CLIMB. I CAN REPEL OFF THE SIDE OF A BUILDING.
4. I SMOKE, ISN’T THAT TERRIBLE?
5. SOMEBODY CAN BECOME A CELEBRITY FOR BEING STUPID. THAT IS WHAT IT’S TURNED INTO.
6. I WENT ON COUNTLESS AUDITIONS. I BEGGED MY PARENTS UNTIL I FINALLY WAS ALLOWED TO BE IN A THEATRICAL PLAY WHEN I WAS 13. IT WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN MY LIFE.
7. YOU HAVE PEOPLE WHO CAN’T ACT AND THEY GET ALL THESE PARTS. PARIS HILTON FALLS INTO HER OWN CATEGORY. SHE’S MADE A CAREER OUT OF IT.
8. THE ONLY THINGS I’M COMPETITIVE IN ARE BACKGAMMON AND POKER.
9. I’M NOT A BIG FAN OF ROMANTIC COMEDIES, BELIEVE IT OR NOT.
10. I HAVE NEVER DONE A THRILLER, AND IT WILL JUST BE REALLY FUN FOR ME TO HEAVE AND PANT AND RUN AND CLIMB AND BREAK WINDOWS AND SCREAM EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE.
11. I AUDITIONED ON MY OWN. I TRIED TO MAKE A MARK FOR MYSELF WITHOUT ANYBODY’S HELP, NOT EVEN MOM’S.
12. I TALKED TO EX-WIVES OF MUSICIANS OF THE ’70S FOR RESEARCH. THEY’RE THE FUNNIEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD, YET THERE IS THIS SAD, BEAUTIFUL THING IN THEIR EYES THAT SAYS THEY’VE SEEN MORE THAN THEY COULD EVER POSSIBLY TELL YOU.
13. I DID NOT LIKE LEAVING THEM WHEN THEY WERE LITTLE OR BIG. YOU HAVE TO HAVE PRIORITIES REGARDING WHAT YOU WILL ALLOW TO TAKE YOU AWAY FROM YOUR KID.
14. HONESTY WILL NEVER BREAK YOU.
15. DO YOU KNOW WHAT A BLESSING IT IS TO MAKE MOVIES THAT MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY?
16. I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A MOM.
17. I GAINED 60 POUNDS, AND I’M PROUD OF IT. WHY DO I NEED TO WATCH MY WEIGHT WHEN I’M PREGNANT? I COULD EAT WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT TO EAT.
18. IF IT’S A BIG HIT, FANTASTIC. IF IT’S NOT, THEN IT’S NOT. I DON’T WORRY ABOUT MY WORK.
19. WHEN YOU’RE NURSING AND YOU’RE WORKING 18-HOUR DAYS, THAT’S PRETTY HARD.
20. I DON’T KNOW IF PEOPLE REALLY WANT TO KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT DRUGS. I’M NOT SUCH A STICKLER. I BELIEVE YOU CAN CHOOSE TO LIVE YOUR LIFE ANY WAY YOU WANT.