Kanye Omari West (born June 8, 1977) is an American rapper, songwriter, record producer, film director, entrepreneur, and fashion designer. West first gained prominence as a producer for Roc-A-Fella Records; he achieved recognition for his work on rapper Jay-Z’s The Blueprint (2001), as well as hit singles for musical artists including Alicia Keys, Ludacris, and Janet Jackson. His style of production originally used high-pitched vocal samples from soul songs incorporated with his own drums and instruments. He later broadened his influences to include 1970s R&B, baroque pop, trip hop, arena rock, folk, alternative, electronica, synthpop, industrial, and classical music.
1. I FEEL LIKE I’M TOO BUSY WRITING HISTORY TO READ IT.
2. KNOW YOUR WORTH! PEOPLE ALWAYS ACT LIKE THEY’RE DOING MORE FOR YOU THAN YOU’RE DOING FOR THEM.
3. WE ALL SELF-CONSCIOUS. I’M JUST THE FIRST TO ADMIT IT.
4. I WAS NEVER REALLY GOOD AT ANYTHING EXCEPT FOR THE ABILITY TO LEARN.
5. CREATIVE OUTPUT, YOU KNOW, IS JUST PAIN. I’M GOING TO BE CLICHE FOR A MINUTE AND SAY THAT GREAT ART COMES FROM PAIN.
6. NOBODY CAN TELL ME WHERE I CAN AND CAN’T GO.
7. OUR WORK IS NEVER OVER.
8. MY MESSAGE ISN’T PERFECTLY DEFINED. I HAVE, AS A HUMAN BEING, FALLEN TO PEER PRESSURE.
9. THIS DARK DICTION HAS BECOME AMERICA’S ADDICTION.
10. KEEP YOUR NOSE OUT THE SKY, KEEP YOUR HEART TO GOD, AND KEEP YOUR FACE TO THE RAISING SUN.
11. NOTHING IN LIFE IS PROMISED EXCEPT DEATH.
12. I REFUSE TO ACCEPT OTHER PEOPLE’S IDEAS OF HAPPINESS FOR ME. AS IF THERE’S A ‘ONE SIZE FITS ALL’ STANDARD FOR HAPPINESS.