Joshua Lee “Josh” Holloway (born July 20, 1969) is an American actor and model, best known as James “Sawyer” Ford on the American television show Lost and starred in the CBS drama Intelligence as Gabriel Vaughn.
Holloway was born in San Jose, California, the second of four boys of a nurse mother and a surveyor father. His family moved to the Blue Ridge Mountains of Georgia when he was two. He was raised in Free Home, Georgia. Holloway is related to Baptist preacher Dr. Dale Holloway and author and World War II prisoner-of-war Carl Holloway.
1. I’M A PRIVATE KIND OF PERSON.
2. I WANT TO STAY IN HAWAII A LITTLE WHILE. I’M KIND OF LIKING IT OVER THERE.
3. I GREW UP ON A DIRT ROAD WITH BROTHERS.
4. TV TENDS TO TRY AND FIT EVERYONE INTO A TV MOLD.
5. I JUST DIDN’T HAVE TIME TO DELIVER A BUFFALO ACCENT IN A DAY, SO I DIDN’T EVEN TRY IT.
6. I’M AN OUTDOORSMAN KIND OF PERSON, SO I DON’T LIKE THE BUZZ OF THE CROWD, CROWD, CROWD AND ALL THAT SO MUCH. I MEAN I DON’T MIND IT, BUT I DON’T SEEK IT OUT.
7. I KNOW THAT THE WORK IS GOOD AND THEY’RE EXCITED OVER AT ABC AND DISNEY AND IT’S GETTING SOME REALLY GOOD FEEDBACK. IT’S NOT JUST A LITTLE, INSIGNIFICANT KIND OF ROLE. IT’S MEATY, WHICH IS GOOD.
8. I GET READINGS, I SOMETIMES GET FIVE A WEEK. YOU’LL FEEL LIKE A SCHIZOPHRENIC BY THE END OF THAT WEEK. I DON’T KNOW WHO I AM ANY MORE. YOU’LL BE IN CONVERSATION WITH A FRIEND AND START SPITTING OUT DIALOGUE.