Jessica Marie Alba (born April 28, 1981) is an American model, television and film actress. She began her television and movie appearances at age 13 in Camp Nowhere and The Secret World of Alex Mack (1994). Alba rose to prominence as the lead actress in the television series Dark Angel (2000–2002). Alba later appeared in various films including Honey (2003), Sin City (2005), Fantastic Four (2005), Into the Blue (2005), Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and Good Luck Chuck both in 2007.
Alba has been called a sex symbol. She appears on the “Hot 100” section of Maxim and was voted number one on AskMen.com’s list of “99 Most Desirable Women” in 2006, as well as “Sexiest Woman in the World” by FHM in 2007. In 2005, TV Guide ranked her # 45 on its “50 Sexiest Stars of All Time” list. The use of her image on thecover of the March 2006 Playboy sparked a lawsuit by her, which was later dropped. She has also won various awards for her acting, including the Choice Actress Teen Choice Award and Saturn Award for Best Actress on Television, and a Golden Globe nomination for her lead role in the television series Dark Angel.
1. I’M ALL ABOUT SUPPORTING ANYONE WHOSE ART IS ALSO THE WAY THEY MAKE THEIR LIVING.
2. I THOUGHT IT WAS MY JOB TO GIVE ALL THE BOYS THEIR FIRST KISS.
3. EVERYONE HAS AN OPINION OF WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP IS ABOUT, THINGS THAT YOU’VE DONE OR DIDN’T DO IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP – AND IT’S JUST ALL CRAP, REALLY. THINGS THAT ARE WRITTEN ABOUT IT ARE ALL CRAP.
4. IN EASTERN CULTURE, PEOPLE SEE GHOSTS, PEOPLE TALK ABOUT GHOSTS… IT’S JUST ACCEPTED. AND IN WESTERN CULTURE IT’S JUST NOT.
5. JUST BEING A MOTHER IS MAKING ME A BIG, WEEPY MESS.
6. MY THEORY IS THAT IF YOU LOOK CONFIDENT YOU CAN PULL OFF ANYTHING – EVEN IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU’RE DOING.
7. WHEN I DO COMEDY, I LOSE ALL INHIBITION AND INTROSPECTION. I NO LONGER CARE.
8. EVERYONE IN MY FAMILY IS AN ARTIST IN SOME CAPACITY WHETHER THEY’RE MUSICIANS, PAINTERS, OR SCULPTORS, SO IT’S IN THEIR BLOOD.
9. I DON’T PUT WEIGHT ON FAME, AND HAVING PEOPLE AROUND ME JUST BECAUSE I AM FAMOUS MAKES ME FEEL REALLY BAD ABOUT MYSELF.
10. I’VE GOT COUSINS GALORE. MEXICANS JUST SPREAD ALL THEIR SEEDS. AND THE WOMEN JUST POP THEM OUT.
11. IT FEELS LIKE I’M STARTING TO COME INTO MY OWN IN TERMS OF WHERE I WANT TO GO ARTISTICALLY, TOWARD MORE COMPLICATED, INTERESTING CHARACTERS.
12. THE TIME I’M NOT SPENDING WITH MY KID HAS TO BE WORTH IT, SO WHEN I SAT DOWN WITH MY AGENTS AFTER I WAS READY TO GO BACK TO WORK, I TOLD THEM: IT’S ALL ABOUT THE DIRECTORS.
13. EVERY TIME I’D GET A CRITIQUE OR SOME REDIRECTION, I’D ALWAYS JUST TAKE IT VERY PERSONALLY. NOW I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH IT.
14. I DON’T LIKE BEING THE CENTER OF ATTENTION.
15. I WISH I COULD SPEAK SPANISH, BECAUSE IT WOULD BE A LOT EASIER TO PLAY MORE INTERESTING ROLES.
16. MY PARENTS WERE YOUNG AND LIBERAL AND KNEW I WAS GOING TO DRINK ANYWAY, SO THEY LET ME DO IT AT HOME.
17. YOU HAVE TO BE THE BEST OF WHATEVER YOU ARE, BUT SUCCESSFUL, COOL ACTRESSES COME IN ALL SHAPES AND SIZES.