Jesse Eden Metcalfe (born December 9, 1978) is an American actor. Metcalfe is known for his portrayal of John Rowland on Desperate Housewives. Metcalfe has also had notable roles on Passions and John Tucker Must Die and currently stars as Christopher Ewing in the TNT continuation of Dallas, based on the 1978 series of the same name.
Metcalfe was born in Carmel Valley Village, California, the son of Nancy and Jeff Metcalfe. His father is of French and Italian descent and his mother is of Italian and Portuguese descent. Metcalfe played in several basketball leagues during his teen years in Waterford, Connecticut, and graduated from The Williams School in New London, Connecticut. He dropped out of NYU once he booked the part Miguel Lopez-Fitzgerald on the soap opera Passions.
1. I NEVER REALLY HAD THAT FATHER FIGURE TO LOOK UP TO. I THINK THAT’S THE REASON I’M SO AMBITIOUS. I FELT LIKE I WASN’T APPRECIATED AS A CHILD SO I WANTED TO PROVE MY WORTH AS AN ADULT, AS AN ACTOR.
2. I HAD A RELATIVELY TUMULTUOUS CHILDHOOD.
3. I DO HAVE THE CHEESIEST OF CHEESY CHAT-UP LINES USED ON ME.
4. I START NEARLY EVERY DAY WITH A WORKOUT.
5. I’M ESTRANGED FROM MY FATHER AND THAT RELATIONSHIP, AS A YOUNG MAN, IS INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT. IT’S PROBABLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MAN I’VE BECOME.
6. WHEN YOU RELEASE ENDORPHINS, YOU JUST FEEL GOOD.
7. YOU SHOULD ONLY BE IN A RELATIONSHIP IF IT ADDS TO YOUR LIFE.
8. I’VE DEFINITELY SEEN THAT TEXAS IS CERTAINLY A RIGHT-WING AREA POLITICALLY. I THINK IF YOU TALK TO THE AVERAGE TEXAN, SOME PEOPLE MAY STILL THINK THAT ALTERNATIVE ENERGY IS SOME SORT OF HIPPIE MUMBO-JUMBO, YOU KNOW. I THINK THERE’S STILL A STRONG MOVEMENT TO CONTINUE TO DRILL AND CONTINUE TO FIND THESE OTHER SOURCES OF OIL WITHIN THE COUNTRY.
9. MY MOTHER NEVER MARRIED MY FATHER. SHE WAS MARRIED TO AND DIVORCED FROM ANOTHER MAN, THEN SHE MARRIED AND DIVORCED MY STEPFATHER AND THEN, ULTIMATELY, THEY ENDED UP GETTING BACK TOGETHER.
10. HAVING A PROFILE MEANS YOU HAVE TO BE CAUTIOUS OF WHO YOU LET INTO YOUR WORLD, AS YOU DON’T KNOW IF THEY’RE BEING GENUINE OR NOT, BUT IT’S MORE THAT IT CAN BE A STRAIN ON YOUR RELATIONSHIPS.
11. THE REASON SO MANY CELEBRITIES TRY TO KEEP THINGS SECRET IS YOU WANT THE CHANCE TO GET TO KNOW SOMEONE WITHOUT THE GLARE OF PUBLIC SCRUTINY.
12. IF MY SHIRT’S OFF ALL THE TIME ON NATIONAL TV, WITH 20 MILLION PEOPLE WATCHING, I WANT TO LOOK MY BEST.
13. I DON’T WANT TO BE ONE OF THOSE 40-SOMETHING GUYS IN L.A. STILL DATING, STILL GOING OUT TO CLUBS AND CHASING 21-YEAR-OLDS. IT’S NOT A GOOD LOOK.
14. ‘GAME OF THRONES’ IS GREAT. LOVE IT.
15. FAME INTRODUCED ME TO A WORLD OF INSTANT GRATIFICATION AND DECADENCE I HADN’T SEEN BEFORE.
16. I DIDN’T REALLY WATCH ‘DALLAS’ GROWING UP, AS I WAS A BIT YOUNG AND INTO OTHER THINGS, LIKE SPORTS.
17. I DON’T HAVE A TYPE. BUT ONE THING I CAN SAY FROM MY DATING EXPERIENCE IS THAT A PHYSICAL ATTRACTION WILL ONLY TAKE YOU SO FAR. SO YOU DEFINITELY HAVE TO HAVE A STRONG INTELLECTUAL CONNECTION AS WELL.
18. I’D LIKE TO MEET A NICE GIRL AND LEAVE ALL THOSE ‘HOTTEST BACHELOR’ LISTS BEHIND.
19. I DON’T THINK I’M DESTINED TO BE THE ETERNAL BACHELOR.
20. I SING A BIT AND PLAY GUITAR.
21. I WENT OUT WITH THE SAME GIRL THROUGHOUT ALL FOUR YEARS OF HIGH SCHOOL.
22. IT’S A PRIVILEGE TO ACT, AND YOU HAVE TO PROTECT AND CHERISH IT.
23. YOU CONNECT WITH WHO YOU CONNECT WITH, AND IF YOUR FEELINGS ARE STRONG ENOUGH THEN YOU’LL MAKE THAT WORK.
24. I THINK THERE ARE SHOWS THAT ARE LONG-RUNNING AND SUCCESSFUL, WHERE SOME OR ALL OF THE CAST MEMBERS HATE EACH OTHER, BUT I THINK IT’S A LOT EASIER TO HAVE AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE EVERYONE FEELS SECURE AND SUPPORTED TO DO THE BEST WORK POSSIBLE.