Jeremy Lee Renner (born January 7, 1971)is an American actor, singer-songwriter, film producer, former makeup artist, and musician. He is best known for his roles in The Hurt Locker (2008) for which he received an Academy Award nomination for Best Actor, and for playing Hawkeye in Marvel’s The Avengers (2012). He also appeared in commercially successful films such as Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011), The Bourne Legacy (2012), Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013), and American Hustle (2013). Throughout the 2000s, Renner appeared largely in independent films such as Dahmer (2002) and Neo Ned (2005). He also appeared in supporting roles in bigger films such as S.W.A.T. (2003) and 28 Weeks Later (2007). He then turned out a much-praised performance in The Town (2010), for which he received an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor.
1. IN THE ‘HURT LOCKER’ THERE’S A LOT OF ME IN THERE, A SENSE OF HUMOR, A MAN OF FEW WORDS AND A LOT OF ACTION.
2. I WANT MY PERSONAL LIFE TO BE PERSONAL.
3. I’M A SIMPLE, SIMPLE MAN.
4. I LOVE THE IDEA OF GOING TO WORK AND HAVING TO FIGHT AND LEARN A NEW SKILL SET, WHETHER IT’S MUAY THAI OR KALI OR FILIPINO STICK FIGHTING. TO ME, IT’S LIKE COLLEGE FOR LIFE.
5. I WANT TO BE A GOOD HUMAN BEING.
6. I LOVE MY SMALL TOWN, AND I LOVE GOING BACK THERE AND SUPPORTING THE COMMUNITY. BUT I COULD NOT HAVE STAYED THERE. NO WAY.
7. I’VE GOT TO BE ACTIVE IN LIFE, AND IT’S THE SAME WHEN I’M DOING STUNTS IN A MOVIE: I’LL DO ANYTHING.
8. I GUESS I JUST HAVE ONE OF THOSE RESTING FACES THAT MAKES ME LOOK LIKE I WANT TO BEAT YOU UP.
9. ACCENTS CAN BE A GREAT TOOL TO TELL A STORY – BUT IF YOU DO IT WRONG, IT PULLS YOU RIGHT OUT OF THE MOVIE.
10. I WILL NEVER BE IN THE STOCK MARKET. IT’S JUST GAMBLING. I’M A GAMBLER, BUT I’LL GAMBLE ON THE PRACTICALITY OF THINGS.
11. I HAVE A BAD SWEET TOOTH. I’M PRETTY GOOD WHEN I HAVE TO EAT WELL FOR WORK, BUT OTHERWISE, I COULD EAT A WHOLE ROLL OF RAW COOKIE DOUGH.
12. I USED TO HANG OUT AT KARAOKE BARS ALL THE TIME. IT WAS THE MOST FUN YOU COULD HAVE WHEN YOU HAD NO MONEY.
13. YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR A BIG STAR TO COME IN AND GENERATE INTEREST ON A PROJECT, AND NOW THAT HAS BECOME ME, WHICH IS AN AMAZING BLESSING.
14. I LIKE REPRESSED CHARACTERS. THAT GIVES ME A LOT OF FREEDOM TO MAKE A LOT OF DIFFERENT CHOICES THROUGH SUBTLETIES.
15. I LIVED BY THE CANDLELIGHT FOR TWO YEARS BECAUSE I COULDN’T AFFORD POWER. IT WAS NICE AND ROMANTIC AT THE TIME, BUT IF YOU CAN’T AFFORD POWER YOU’RE PRETTY BROKE. YOU ENDURE IT.
16. WHAT MATTERS TO ME IS LEARNING AND GROWING, AND GETTING TO DO WHAT I LOVE TO DO. AS LONG AS I CAN DO THAT, I’M HAPPY.
17. I THINK IT’S GREAT TO BE A PART OF A FRANCHISE THAT IS SUCCESSFUL. ANY FRANCHISE IS SUCCESSFUL BECAUSE IT’S A CONTINUATION AND PEOPLE HAVE SEEN IT.
18. ARCHITECTURE AND BUILDING IS ABOUT HOW YOU GET AROUND THE OBSTACLES THAT ARE PRESENTED TO YOU. THAT SOMETIMES DETERMINES HOW SUCCESSFUL YOU’LL BE: HOW GOOD ARE YOU AT GOING AROUND OBSTACLES?
19. I KNOW IT’S A CLICHE BUT I NEVER WANTED TO BE FAMOUS. I DON’T BELIEVE ANYBODY WANTS TO BE FAMOUS.
20. WHEN I WAS GROWING UP, I WASN’T TAUGHT HOW TO FEEL OR COMMUNICATE FEELINGS.
21. I DO MUSIC BECAUSE I CAN JUST PICK UP MY GUITAR AND SING, AND COMPLETELY SATISFY, INSTANT GRATIFICATION. I DON’T NEED A SCRIPT, I DON’T PEOPLE, I DON’T NEED ANYTHING, CAMERAS, I JUST HAVE MYSELF AND MY GUITAR, OR KEYBOARD.
22. I LIKE TO STAY BUSY, I LIKE TO STAY FOCUSED, AND I LIKE TO STAY CREATIVE. WITHOUT BEING CREATIVE I’D BE DEAD.
23. THERE IS NOTHING NEW, FROM GREEK MYTHOLOGY TO SHAKESPEARE TO EVERY ROMCOM EVER MADE, WE’RE JUST REIMAGINING THE SAME 12 STORY PLOTS OVER AND OVER AGAIN – SO WHAT MAKES PEOPLE KEEP WATCHING AND LISTENING? IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHARACTER.