Jared Leto (born December 26, 1971) is an American actor, singer-songwriter, musician, director, producer, activist, philanthropist and businessman. After starting his career with television appearances in the early 1990s, Leto achieved recognition for his role as Jordan Catalano on the television series My So-Called Life (1994). He made his film debut in How to Make an American Quilt (1995) and received first notable critical praise for his performance in Prefontaine (1997). Leto played supporting roles in The Thin Red Line (1998), Fight Club (1998) and American Psycho (2000), as well as the lead role in Urban Legend (1998), and earned critical acclaim after portraying heroin addict Harry Goldfarb in Requiem for a Dream (2000). He later began focusing increasingly on his music career, returning to acting with Panic Room (2002), Alexander (2004), Lord of War (2005), Lonely Hearts (2006), Chapter 27 (2007), and Mr. Nobody (2009). He made his directorial debut in 2012 with the documentary film Artifact.
1. MUSIC IS SUBJECTIVE TO EVERYONE’S UNIQUE EXPERIENCE.
2. I’VE ALWAYS LIKED SATURN. BUT I ALSO HAVE SOME SYMPATHY FOR PLUTO BECAUSE I HEARD IT’S BEEN DOWNGRADED FROM A PLANET, AND I THINK IT SHOULD REMAIN A PLANET. ONCE YOU’VE GIVEN SOMETHING PLANETARY STATUS IT’S KIND OF MEAN TO TAKE IT AWAY.
3. TEENS ARE ALWAYS SHOWN AS ONE DIMENSIONAL. THEY’RE STEREOTYPED. WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL, I CARED ABOUT MORE THAN GETTING A DATE OR MAKING THE TEAM.
4. I DON’T KNOW, WHEN I WAS A KID, WHEN I WOULD SEE SHOWS THAT CHANGED MY LIFE, I WOULD GO TO SEE SHOWS WHERE THERE WAS MY MOTHER TAKING US TO SEE CLASSIC ROCK CONCERTS, LIKE ZEPPELIN, OR WHEN I SAW PINK FLOYD OR WHEN I SAW, YOU KNOW, WHEN I WAS A LITTLE OLDER, AND I SAW NINE INCH NAILS, AND I SAW THE CURE.
5. I TAKE COMPUTERS PRACTICALLY APART AND PUT THEM BACK TOGETHER. I HAVE A SUPERCOMPUTER I BUILT OVER THE YEARS OUT OF DIFFERENT COMPUTERS.
6. I THINK I REMEMBER FROM THE OFFSET I SAID, ‘I’VE VISITED THIS TERRITORY. THIS ISN’T FOR ME.’ AND THEN I READ THE SCRIPT AND I SAID, ‘YOU KNOW, THIS IS COMPLETELY SOMETHING DIFFERENT. THIS IS A WHOLE NEW LIFE.’
7. A VERY COMMON THING THESE DAYS IS PEOPLE SHOW UP AND THEY ASK US IN THE BAND TO SIGN WITH A SHARPIE RIGHT ON THEIR SKIN AND THEY GO GET IT TATTOOED THE NEXT DAY. THEN THEY’LL SHOW UP AT ANOTHER SHOW AND THEY’LL HAVE THEIR TATTOO.
8. I UNDERSTAND A LOT OF THE FEMALE NEEDS. I’M NOT SAYING I KNOW ALL OF THEM ALL THE TIME THOUGH.
9. HE’S AN INNOCENT IN A LOT OF WAYS. HE’S A VERY SIMPLE PERSON WHO REALLY DOESN’T HAVE THE RESOURCES OR THE STRENGTH, ULTIMATELY, TO HANDLE THE SITUATION.
10. I WAS NEVER INTERESTED IN ‘TEEN BEAT’ LIKE ROLES. I JUST WANTED TO WORK.
11. IT GIVES US A LOOK INTO A WORLD THAT’S VERY MUCH LIKE ‘TRAFFIC’ WAS FOR DRUGS, THIS MOVIE IS FOR GUN RUNNING. DARK AT TIMES, BUT I THINK NIC CAGE IS AN INCREDIBLE PERSON TO WATCH AND VERY ENTERTAINING.
12. ANDREW HAS TALKED ABOUT MY CHARACTER BEING THE CONSCIENCE OF THE FILM, THE HEART OF THE FILM.
13. IT’S NICE IF PEOPLE ASK TO USE YOUR SONG. YOU HAVE TO MAKE A DECISION AS AN ARTIST HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT.
14. SO I STARTED TO LEARN RUSSIAN AND I WAS ONE OF THOSE PROBABLY WAY TOO EAGER, ANNOYING YOUNG ACTOR KIDS WHO WAS TRYING TO CHANGE ALL MY LINES TO RUSSIAN, MUCH TO THE DISMAY OF THE DIRECTOR AND NIC CAGE.
15. IT’S NOT LIKE I’M HANGING OUT AT SHOPPING MALLS OR GOING TO CELEBRITY GOLF TOURNAMENTS. I’M SO IN MY OWN LITTLE WORLD. I GOT MY DOG, MY MUSIC, MY BROTHER, A COUPLE OF FRIENDS.
16. WHEN YOU MAKE MUSIC, YOU’RE IN REALLY DIRECT CONTACT WITH YOUR FANS OUT THERE, SO YOU HEAR ALL KINDS OF STORIES.
17. I KINDA HAVE THE OPPOSITE OF ADD. I HAVE A HYPER-FOCUSED DISORDER, WHERE IF THERE’S A GIVEN TASK IN FRONT OF ME I REALLY CONCENTRATE ON THAT.