Henry Ford (July 30, 1863 – April 7, 1947) was an American industrialist, the founder of the Ford Motor Company, and sponsor of the development of the assembly line technique of mass production. Although Ford did not invent the automobile, he developed and manufactured the first automobile that many middle class Americans could afford to buy. His introduction of the Model T automobile revolutionized transportation and American industry. As owner of the Ford Motor Company, he became one of the richest and best-known people in the world. He is credited with “Fordism”: mass production of inexpensive goods coupled with high wages for workers. Ford had a global vision, with consumerism as the key to peace. His intense commitment to systematically lowering costs resulted in many technical and business innovations, including a franchise system that put dealerships throughout most of North America and in major cities on six continents. Ford left most of his vast wealth to the Ford Foundation but arranged for his family to control the company permanently.
1. FAILURE IS SIMPLY THE OPPORTUNITY TO BEGIN AGAIN, THIS TIME MORE INTELLIGENTLY.
2. WHETHER YOU THINK YOU CAN, OR YOU THINK YOU CAN’T – YOU’RE RIGHT.
3. FAILURE IS SIMPLY AN OPPORTUNITY TO BEGIN AGAIN, THIS TIME MORE INTELLIGENTLY.
4. OBSTACLES ARE THOSE FRIGHTFUL THINGS YOU SEE WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR EYES OFF YOUR GOALS.
5. MY BEST FRIEND IS THE ONE WHO BRINGS OUT THE BEST IN ME.
6. YOU CAN’T BUILD A REPUTATION ON WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO.
7. DON’T FIND FAULT, FIND A REMEDY, ANYBODY CAN COMPLAIN.
8. THE ONLY REAL MISTAKE IS THE ONE FROM WHICH WE LEARN NOTHING.
9. IF I HAD ASKED PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANTED, THEY WOULD HAVE SAID FASTER HORSES.
10. IT HAS BEEN MY OBSERVATION THAT MOST PEOPLE GET AHEAD DURING THE TIME THAT OTHERS WASTE.
11. CHOP YOUR OWN WOOD AND IT WILL WARM YOU TWICE.
12. VISION WITHOUT EXECUTION IS JUST HALLUCINATION.
13. MOST PEOPLE SPEND MORE TIME AND ENERGY GOING AROUND PROBLEMS THAN IN TRYING TO SOLVE THEM.
14. QUALITY MEANS DOING IT RIGHT WHEN NO ONE IS LOOKING.
15. YOU CAN’T LEARN IN SCHOOL WHAT THE WORLD IS GOING TO DO NEXT YEAR.
16. THE WHOLE SECRET OF A SUCCESSFUL LIFE IS TO FIND OUT WHAT IS ONE’S DESTINY TO DO, AND THEN DO IT.
17. THERE IS NO MAN LIVING WHO ISN’T CAPABLE OF DOING MORE THAN HE THINKS HE CAN DO.
18. EVEN A MISTAKE MAY TURN OUT TO BE THE ONE THING NECESARY TO A WORTHWHILE ACHIEVEMENT.
19. MONEY DOESN’T MAKE US ANYWAY IT JUST UNMASKS US.
20. PEOPLE CAN HAVE THE MODEL T IN ANY COLOR – SO LONG AS IT’S BLACK.
21. WHETHER YOU THINK YOU CAN, OR YOU THINK YOU CAN’T – EITHER WAY, YOU ARE RIGHT.