Erica Durance (born June 21, 1978) is a Canadian actress. She is perhaps best known for her role as Lois Lane in the WB/CW series Smallville. In 2012, Durance began starring in the lead role in the medical drama television series Saving Hope. She is also a producer for the series.
Erica Durance was born in Calgary, and was raised in Three Hills, Alberta, Canada. After graduating from high school, Durance moved to Vancouver, British Columbia, to pursue her interest in acting professionally. “I wanted to get my feet wet in a smaller area than Los Angeles when I gave it a try,” Durance has said. She continued to study acting at The Yaletown Actors Lab for many years with her coach and husband, David Palffy. She started out with background work, graduating to commercials and then guest-starring roles, landing more substantial roles each time.
1. WE ALL NEED TO MAKE TIME FOR A BURGER ONCE IN A WHILE.
2. I’M A SMALL-TOWN GIRL, AND IT’LL NEVER BE BEATEN OUT OF ME.
3. IT’S EASIER TO SHUT YOURSELF OFF OUTSIDE THAN REVEAL YOUR INNER THOUGHTS.
4. WELL, I LOVE TV, AND I LOVE A GOOD SCRIPT.
5. ‘SMALLVILLE’ WAS MY FIRST LOVE AND IT IS ALWAYS CLOSE TO MY HEART.
6. I’M LEARNING TO EMBRACE WHO I AM AND WHAT I LOOK LIKE.
7. I’M A BIT OF A WORKAHOLIC.