Elizabeth Jane Hurley (born 10 June 1965) is an English model and actress.
She has been associated with the cosmetics company Estée Lauder since the company gave Hurley her first modelling job at the age of 29. It has featured her as a representative and model for its products, especially perfumes such as Sensuous, Intuition, and Pleasures, since 1995. Hurley owns an eponymous beachwear line.
As an actress, her best-known film roles to date have been as Vanessa Kensington in Mike Myers’ hit spy comedy, Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997) and as the Devil in Bedazzled (2000).
1. NOTHING IRRITATES ME MORE THAN CHRONIC LAZINESS IN OTHERS. MIND YOU, IT’S ONLY MENTAL SLOTH I OBJECT TO. PHYSICAL SLOTH CAN BE HEAVENLY.
2. A BIT OF LUSTING AFTER SOMEONE DOES WONDERS FOR THE SKIN.
3. I LOVE TO SEE OTHER WOMEN IN PINK. IT’S GOOD FOR EVERY SHADE OF SKIN AND HAIR.
4. I WALK EVERY DAY WITH MY DOGS AND FORCE MYSELF TO RUN A BIT BUT I HATE IT.
5. I’VE ALWAYS BEEN OBSESSED BY BEEF JERKY.
6. DIVORCE IS, OF COURSE, DIFFICULT FOR A CHILD. I DIDN’T GO THROUGH IT AS MY PARENTS STAYED TOGETHER, BUT I HAVE A LOT OF FRIENDS WHO DID.
7. I AM PASSIONATE ABOUT TALKING TO WOMEN ABOUT THEIR BREAST HEALTH.
8. I DO LIKE MY LIFE VERY MUCH, YES.
9. I DON’T WANT SOMEONE TO WATCH SPORTS IN BED. THAT DRIVES ME NUTS.
10. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ATTRACTED TO AUSTRALIANS AND AUSTRALIA.
11. I LIKE PEOPLE TO MATCH MY ENERGY.
12. I LOVE PILATES AND YOGA BUT DON’T DO THEM REGULARLY.
13. I LOVE MOVING. I LOVE NEW HOUSES. I’M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR SOMEWHERE ELSE.
14. I KNOW SO MANY PEOPLE WHO HAVE BATTLED BREAST CANCER AND THEY DIDN’T ALL MAKE IT.
15. I FEEL LIKE A SEMI-SINGLE MUM.
16. I DON’T KNOW MUCH ABOUT ONLY CHILDREN. I WAS THE MIDDLE ONE OF THREE, AND IF EVER I WAS ALONE WITH MUM AND DAD, IT WAS A RARE MOMENT.
17. I DIDN’T HAVE A CUP OF COFFEE UNTIL I WAS 27.
18. GETTING AS MUCH SLEEP AS POSSIBLE AND FOLLOWING A HEALTHY DIET WILL STOP YOU FROM FEELING RUN-DOWN IF, LIKE ME, YOU’RE SUPER-STRESSED.
19. BEING ENGLISH, I ALWAYS LAUGH AT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE LAVATORY OR BOTTOMS.
20. I’VE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A SPY, AND FRANKLY I’M A LITTLE SURPRISED THAT BRITISH INTELLIGENCE HAS NEVER APPROACHED ME.
21. I AM A TERRIBLE MIXTURE OF BEING ORGANIZED, CONTROLLING, BUT CHAOTIC. MY DESK IS MONSTROUS.
22. I ALWAYS WEAR MAKE-UP AS I’VE NEVER SEEN THE POINT OF LOOKING LESS THAN YOUR BEST.
23. I’D KILL MYSELF IF I WAS AS FAT AS MARILYN MONROE.
24. BREAST CANCER IS BEING DETECTED AT AN EARLIER, MORE TREATABLE STAGE THESE DAYS, LARGELY BECAUSE WOMEN ARE TAKING MORE PREVENTIVE MEASURES, LIKE SELF-EXAMS AND REGULAR MAMMOGRAMS. AND TREATMENT IS GETTING BETTER TOO.