Elizabeth Banks (February 10, 1974) is an American actress, producer and director. Banks made her film debut in the low-budget independent film Surrender Dorothy (1998). She is known for her roles in such films as Seabiscuit (2003), The 40-Year-Old Virgin (2005), Invincible (2006), Definitely, Maybe (2008), W. (2008), Role Models (2008), The Uninvited (2009), The Next Three Days (2010), People Like Us (2012), Man on a Ledge (2012), Pitch Perfect (2012), Movie 43 (2013), The Lego Movie (2014), and The Hunger Games film series (2012–15).
On television, Banks had a recurring role as Avery Jessup on the NBC sitcom 30 Rock, which gained her two Emmy Award nominations. Previously, Banks had starred in a recurring role as Dr. Kim Briggs on Scrubs from 2006 to 2009.
1. I ACTUALLY THINK THAT SECRETS ARE JUST A PART OF HUMAN NATURE AND THAT EVERYBODY SHOULD HAVE SOME.
2. I LOVE PHYSICAL COMEDY. I LOVE OSCAR WILDE, I LOVE SHAKESPEARE COMEDIES, I LOVE IMPROV.
3. EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE I PLAY A TRUE IDIOT, AND THEY’RE REALLY FUN TO PLAY.
4. WHEN YOU LIVE IN A LEADING LADY’S BODY, WHICH I DO, YOU HAVE TO CONSTANTLY PROVE THAT YOU ARE FUNNY.
5. YOU HAVE GOT TO HAVE AN AGENT. IT’S A BUSINESS. BUT I THINK THERE IS A WAY TO BE ARTFUL AND COMMERCIAL AT THE SAME TIME.
6. I LIKE MY COFFEE LIGHT.
7. IF I EVER COMPLAIN ABOUT YACHTING AROUND THE MEDITERRANEAN WITH MADONNA, WHO I JUST IDOLIZED AS A CHILD, I SHOULD BE SLAPPED ACROSS THE FACE.
8. I AM NOT AFRAID OF MUCH. I KILL ALL THE SPIDERS IN MY HOUSE, AND I’M PLANNING TO GO SKYDIVING. I AM INTO GIRL POWER, AND I’M VERY SELF-SUFFICIENT.
9. MOST MEN I KNOW RELY ON WOMEN TO DO ALL THE LITERAL DIRTY WORK.
10. I LOVE WORKING WITH A STYLIST BUT I ALSO LOVE HAVING PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS WITH DESIGNERS. A STYLIST IS GREAT FOR PULLING TOGETHER AN ENTIRE OUTFIT, ACCESSORIES INCLUDED, AND FOR SHAKING ME OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE.
11. WHEN I WAS IN COLLEGE I WAS ACCUSED OF BEING A GOODY TWO-SHOES. BUT EVERY GOODY TWO-SHOES HAS A BAD SIDE.
12. I PLAY ROCK BAND, WHICH IS GUITAR HERO TIMES TEN. YOU CAN PLAY WITH FOUR PEOPLE, SO WHEN YOU HAVE PARTIES, YOU HAVE A REAL BAND. NOBODY EVER WANTS TO SING, SO I’M ALWAYS THE ONE THROWING DOWN ON THE MIC.