Dominic Monaghan (born 8 December 1976) is an English actor. He has received international attention from playing Meriadoc Brandybuck in Peter Jackson’s adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings and for his role as Charlie Pace on the television show Lost. In 2009, he played Chris Bradley, Bolt in X-Men Origins.
Monaghan was born in Berlin, West Germany, to British parents: Maureen, a nurse, and Austin Monaghan, a science teacher. He has an elder brother called Matthew who is the main songwriter and joint vocalist of the indie band Radiosepia.
1. I ENJOY THE PREPARATORY ELEMENTS OF TRAVEL – PACKING MY BAGS AND CHOOSING MY OUTFITS – BUT MY FAVOURITE PART IS GETTING THERE.
2. HOLIDAYS ARE ALL DIFFERENT DEPENDING ON THE COMPANY AND TIME OF YOUR LIFE.
3. I’VE GOT A HECTIC SCHEDULE, BUT I WOULDN’T HAVE MY LIFE ANY OTHER WAY.
4. I’M A BIG FAN OF THE MISUNDERSTOOD, THE VILIFIED, THE UNDERDOG, THE BREAKING OF MYTHS.
5. I THINK EVERYONE’S A GEEK IN SOME WAY.
6. NOT BEING BUSY IS SOMETHING I WORRY ABOUT, BUT I THINK WORK BEGETS WORK.
7. I WAS THE CLASS CLOWN SO I WAS USED TO PERFORMING AND FOOLING AROUND IN FRONT OF MY FRIENDS.
8. I GET INVOLVED WITH PROJECTS BASED ON THREE PARAMETERS – THE SCRIPT, THE ACTORS INVOLVED AND THE DIRECTOR.
9. I DON’T NEED TO HAVE THREE FEATHER PILLOWS IN MY TRAILER. I JUST DON’T WORK THAT WAY.
10. I GUESS WE’RE LIVING IN A PRETTY SENSITIVE WORLD AND THERE’S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT THAT.