Dennis William Quaid (born April 9, 1954) is an American actor known for his comedic and dramatic roles. First gaining widespread attention in the 1980s, his career rebounded in the 1990s after he overcame an addiction to drugs and an eating disorder. Some of his notable credits include Breaking Away, The Rookie, The Day After Tomorrow, Traffic, Vantage Point, Footloose, Frequency, The Parent Trap and Soul Surfer.
He is the younger brother of actor Randy Quaid. The Quaid brothers grew up in Bellaire, Texas, which is a small city surrounded by Houston, and in southwest Houston.
1. WHEN YOU BREAK UP, YOUR WHOLE IDENTITY IS SHATTERED. IT’S LIKE DEATH.
2. I ALWAYS WANT TO FIND THE BEST BURGER IN TOWN.
3. I WENT OUT FOR THE FOOTBALL TEAM BUT, YOU KNOW, I WAS TOO SMALL. THAT’S HOW I WOUND UP IN DRAMA.
4. I WOULD LIKE MY KIDS TO FOLLOW THEIR BLISS.
5. GOING TO THE GOLF COURSE EVERY DAY FOR WORK? THAT’S A GOOD JOB.
6. WALL STREET HAS COME TO AMERICA’S HEARTLAND, REALLY. THE ONLY THING MISSING ARE THE SKYSCRAPERS, YOU KNOW?
7. YOUR PARTNER HAS TO LIVE WITH THE BEST AND THE WORST PART OF YOU, AND THEY’RE AFFECTED BY IT.
8. IT’S ABOUT… MY ONLY STRATEGY I’VE EVER HAD IN MY CAREER IS TO DO AS MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF ROLES AS POSSIBLE, AS MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF GENRES. IT KEEPS THE FIRE IN MY BELLY.