Daniel Jacob Radcliffe (born 23 July 1989) is an English actor. He rose to prominence as the title character in the Harry Potter film series. He made his acting debut at 10 years of age in BBC One’s 1999 television movie David Copperfield, followed by his film debut in 2001’s The Tailor of Panama. At age 11, he was cast as Harry Potter in the first Harry Potter film, and starred in the series for 10 years until the release of the eighth and final film in 2011.
Radcliffe began to branch out to stage acting in 2007, starring in the London and New York productions of Equus, and in the 2011 Broadway revival of the musical How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. He starred in the 2012 horror film The Woman in Black, and played beat poet Allen Ginsberg in the 2013 independent film Kill Your Darlings. He has contributed to many charities, including Demelza House Children’s Hospice and The Trevor Project. He also made public service announcements for the latter. In 2011, he was awarded the Trevor Project’s “Hero Award.”
1. SOME PEOPLE THINK I AM GAY, WHICH I THINK IS AWESOME.
2. I’M AN ATHEIST, BUT I’M VERY RELAXED ABOUT IT. I DON’T PREACH MY ATHEISM, BUT I HAVE A HUGE AMOUNT OF RESPECT FOR PEOPLE LIKE RICHARD DAWKINS WHO DO.
3. I’M GETTING BETTER NOW, BUT I USED TO BE INCREDIBLY AWKWARD WITH GIRLS. I THINK ANY GUY WHO SAYS ‘I’VE NEVER HAD AN AWKWARD MOMENT WITH A GIRL’ IS A LIAR.
4. DON’T TRY TOO HARD TO BE SOMETHING YOU’RE NOT.
5. I THINK ANY ACTOR WORTH THEIR SALT WANTS TO SHOW AS MUCH VERSATILITY AS THEY POSSIBLY CAN.
6. I THINK OF MYSELF AS BEING JEWISH AND IRISH, DESPITE THE FACT THAT I’M ENGLISH.
7. THOUGH I AM NOT RELIGIOUS IN THE LEAST, I AM VERY PROUD TO BE JEWISH.
8. I LOVE COMING HOME TO SOMEBODY, I LOVE BEING IN A RELATIONSHIP.
9. I’M NOT CLUMSY, I’M ACCIDENT-PRONE!
10. EVERY JOB I DO, I LIKE TO THINK IT MAKES ME BETTER OR I LEARN THINGS. IT’S ALL ABOUT HOW MUCH SOMETHING’S GOING TO STRETCH ME OR TEST ME.
11. MY IDEA OF RELAXATION IS NOT LYING DOWN BY A BEACH. I HAVE TO MOVE AROUND, DO STUFF. THOUGH I’M A MASSIVE QUIZ SHOW PERSON.
12. AND I’M SLIGHTLY IN LOVE WITH SCARLETT JOHANSSON: SHE’S JUST STUNNING. AND SHE’S BRIGHT, WHICH IS INCREDIBLY SEXY.
13. I’M NOT MUCH OF A CAKE PERSON.
14. THE THOUGHT OF DANCING SCARED ME. A LOT. BECAUSE I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO APTITUDE FOR IT.
15. I HAVE A VERY BUSY PERSONALITY.
16. IT’S INTERESTING BECAUSE PEOPLE ASSUME THAT BECAUSE I’M FAMOUS I KNOW ALL FAMOUS PEOPLE.
17. A FRIEND OFTEN SAYS I’M AN OLD MAN IN A YOUNG MAN’S HUSK. I LIKE THAT. I AM OLD-FASHIONED IN SOME WAYS.
18. I’M NOT CLUMSY, I’M JUST ACCIDENT PRONE.
19. I’M ALSO A FAN OF RIDICULOUSLY COLOURED AND PATTERNED SOCKS.
20. THE NERDS ARE THE ONES THAT MAKE THE FILMS AND DO LOADS OF OTHER REALLY COOL STUFF IN THEIR LIFE.