Courteney Bass Cox (born June 15, 1964) is an American actress, producer, and director. She is best known for her roles as Monica Geller on the NBC sitcom Friends, Gale Weathers in the horror series Scream, and as Jules Cobb in the ABC/TBS sitcom Cougar Town, for which she earned her first Golden Globe nomination. Cox also starred in the FX series Dirt. She owns a production company, called Coquette Productions, which was created by herself and then husband David Arquette. Cox has also worked as a director on her sitcom Cougar Town and the television movie Talhotblond.
Courteney Cox was raised in Mountain Brook, Alabama, a suburb of Birmingham, the daughter of businessman Richard Lewis Cox (January 28, 1931 – September 3, 2001) and his wife Courteney. She has two older sisters, Virginia and Dottie, and an older brother, Richard, Jr. Her parents divorced in 1974 and her mother then married businessman Hunter Copeland.
1. THERE’S NO DOUBT THAT MOTHERHOOD IS THE BEST THING IN MY LIFE. IT’S ALL THAT REALLY MATTERS.
2. OH, I DO GET LONELY, YES.
3. WELL, ACTUALLY, PLUCKING MY EYEBROWS IS MORE OF A HOBBY THAN A GROOMING TIP.
4. I’M A GEMINI, AND I GET SO BORED SO EASILY. I MEAN, I HAVE MOVED SIX TIMES IN THE LAST EIGHT YEARS.
5. ALWAYS A GODMOTHER, NEVER A MOTHER. THAT SUCKS. I’VE GOT TO GET ME ONE OF THOSE LITTLE ACCESSORIES.
6. IS MARRIAGE FOR EVER? I THINK YOU GET MARRIED WITH THE INTENTION THAT IT WILL BE, BUT WHO KNOWS?
7. IF I LIKE MYSELF AT THIS WEIGHT, THEN THIS IS WHAT I’M GOING TO BE. I DON’T HAVE AN EATING DISORDER.
8. I DON’T THINK I’M TOO THIN AT ALL. I UNDERSTAND WHEN PEOPLE SAY, ‘WELL YOUR FACE GETS GAUNT,’ BUT TO GET YOUR BOTTOM HALF TO BE THE RIGHT SIZE, YOUR FACE MIGHT HAVE TO BE A LITTLE GAUNT. YOU CHOOSE YOUR BATTLES.
9. I DON’T LIKE VENISON OR SUSHI – I DON’T WANT TO EAT WHAT SOME PEOPLE THINK ARE ‘LUXURIOUS’ FOODS.
10. I’M NOT FAKE IN ANY WAY.
11. I JUST AM A SNOB WHEN IT COMES TO HUMOR.
12. ONE TRICK I SWEAR BY: I POUR A LITTLE NEROLI OR LAVENDER OIL ONTO A HOT TOWEL AND USE IT TO WIPE OFF MY MAKEUP. IT OPENS UP MY PORES, AND THEN MY FACE CREAM SINKS IN BETTER.
13. I DON’T WANT TO FEEL I’M RESPONSIBLE FOR ANOREXIA ACROSS THE COUNTRY.
14. I’M NOT A HOUSEWIFE IN ANY WAY.
15. I DON’T HAVE TIME FOR SUPERFICIAL FRIENDS. I SUPPOSE IF YOU’RE REALLY LONELY YOU CAN CALL A SUPERFICIAL FRIEND, BUT OTHERWISE, WHAT’S THE POINT?
16. AGING GRACEFULLY IS ONE THING, BUT TRYING TO SLOW IT DOWN IS ANOTHER.
17. A LOT OF MY HUMOR DOES COME FROM ANGER. IT’S LIKE, YOU’RE NOT GONNA PULL ONE OVER ON ME – WHICH IS PRETTY MUCH MY MOTTO ANYWAYS.
18. IT’S NOT LIKE I LET PEOPLE DO THINGS FOR ME, SO I GUESS YOU CAN CALL ME A CONTROL FREAK, OR YOU CAN CALL ME PASSIONATE.
19. YOU KNOW, MY MOTHER’S BEAUTIFUL, MY DAD WAS A REALLY HANDSOME MAN, AND THERE WAS A LOT OF TALK ABOUT LOOKS WHEN I WAS GROWING UP.
20. AT ONE POINT MY DAD CALLED ME AND SAID, ‘YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A GREAT SALESMAN. I THINK IT’S TIME YOU COME HOME AND SELL SWIMMING POOLS.’
21. I’M A BIG LASER BELIEVER – I REALLY THINK THEY ARE THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE.