Christina Ricci (born February 12, 1980) is an American actress. Ricci received initial recognition and praise as a child star for her performances as Katie in Mermaids (1990), and Wednesday Addams in The Addams Family (1991) and Addams Family Values (1993), and her role as Kat Harvey in Casper (1995). Ricci made a transition into more adult-oriented roles with The Ice Storm (1997), followed by an acclaimed performance in Buffalo ’66 (1998) and then The Opposite of Sex (1998), for which she received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actress. She continued her success with well-received performances in Sleepy Hollow (1999), Monster (2003), Penelope (2006) and Black Snake Moan (2006). In 2006 Ricci was nominated for an Emmy Award for her role as a paramedic in the ABC drama Grey’s Anatomy. In 2011–12, she starred in the short-lived television series Pan Am as stewardess Maggie Ryan.
1. IT’S FUN TO BE SARCASTIC, BUT NOW I’M ABLE TO EXPRESS MYSELF IN A WAY THAT’S MUCH MORE SINCERE.
2. I WENT THROUGH AN AWKWARD ADOLESCENCE AND HAD BRACES.
3. ANY OBSESSION IS DANGEROUS.
4. I KNEW I WOULD NEVER BE CAST AS THE PRETTY GIRL.
5. I ALWAYS THINK THAT I’VE EMBARRASSED MYSELF.
6. I FIND THE LESS ATTENTION I PAY TO FOOD, THE HEALTHIER I AM.
7. I’VE NEVER BEEN TO A RACE CAR RACE BEFORE.
8. I THINK THE MAIN REASON A LOT OF CHILD STARS DON’T MAKE IT IS THAT IT’S HARD TO SEE SOMEONE AS CUTE AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN SEE THEM AS HAVING MORE DEPTH.
9. FOR YEARS, I HATED MYSELF. I COVERED THE MIRRORS IN MY HOUSE. I LITERALLY COULDN’T HAVE A MIRROR IN MY ROOM.
10. I’VE BEEN TO THERAPISTS MY WHOLE LIFE. I FIND THE LESS ATTENTION I PAY TO FOOD, THE HEALTHIER I AM. ANY OBSESSION IS DANGEROUS. AND A WHOLE COUNTRY THAT’S OBSESSED WITH ONE THING, UNLESS IT’S, LIKE, JEANS, IT’S VERY DANGEROUS. EVERYONE’S OBSESSED RIGHT NOW WITH CARBOHYDRATES IN THIS COUNTRY. IT’S RIDICULOUS.
11. I THINK PEOPLE ARE LEARNING TO ACTUALLY ASPIRE TO BE OBJECTIFIED.
12. WE HAVE SO MUCH PRIDE IN WELCOMING THESE PASSENGERS ONTO THE PLANE, AND THEY HAVE SO MUCH PRIDE IN TRAVEL. IT’S SOMETHING THAT I DEFINITELY ALWAYS REMEMBER, WHEN I’M PLAYING A SCENE ON THE PLANE, JUST TO IMBUE EVERYTHING WITH THAT SENSE OF EXCITEMENT.
13. UNLESS IT’S A SPECIFIC ACCENT, OR SOMETHING ABOUT PHYSICALITY YOU HAVE TO CHANGE, I AM GENERALLY NOT SUCH A CONSCIOUS ACTOR.
14. I THINK MY ANOREXIA WAS TO DO WITH BEING A TEENAGER, NOT BEING IN FILMS.
15. I LIKE THE WAY MY OWN FEET SMELL. I LOVE TO SMELL MY SNEAKERS WHEN I TAKE THEM OFF.
16. I STAND UP FOR OTHER PEOPLE, I’M VERY PROTECTIVE OF PEOPLE AROUND ME. IF I FEEL LIKE SOMEBODY IS GETTING A BAD RAP OR BEING UNFAIRLY PICKED ON, I WILL STAND UP FOR THEM, ABSOLUTELY.
17. MY DREAM ROLE WOULD PROBABLY BE A PSYCHO KILLER, BECAUSE THE WHOLE THING I LOVE ABOUT MOVIES IS THAT YOU GET TO DO THINGS YOU COULD NEVER DO IN REAL LIFE, AND THAT WOULD BE MY WAY OF VICARIOUSLY EXPERIENCING BEING A PSYCHO KILLER. ALSO, IT’S INCREDIBLY ROMANTIC.
18. WE ALL HAVE INSECURITIES, AND THE THING THAT MAKES THEM CRIPPLING IS THAT WE ALL HAVE THE ABILITY TO BLOW THEM UP INTO SUCH HUGE ISSUES IN OUR MINDS, THAT WE MIGHT AS WELL HAVE A FACIAL DEFORMITY. IT KEEPS US FROM REALLY GOING OUT THERE AND LIVING OUR LIVES, AND FORGETTING ABOUT HATING YOURSELF AND JUST EXPERIENCING THE WORLD AROUND YOU.
19. NATURALLY, MY BODY LANGUAGE CHANGES GIVEN WHATEVER ENVIRONMENT I’M IN.
20. I THINK PEOPLE WHO SUFFER FROM DEPRESSION, UNLESS IT’S POST-TRAUMATIC, ARE PROBABLY GOING TO STRUGGLE WITH IT FOR THEIR WHOLE LIFE.
21. I’VE ALWAYS BEEN A REALLY AMBITIOUS PERSON.
22. MOST PEOPLE DON’T WALK AROUND KNOWING WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK ABOUT THEM, AND I DON’T THINK IT’S HEALTHY TO KNOW WHAT FACELESS STRANGERS WHO YOU’LL NEVER MEET SAY ABOUT YOU.
23. I’M TRYING TO JUST GO WITH THE FLOW AND LEARN FROM THE PEOPLE AROUND ME.
24. I LOVE THE SOLITUDE OF BEING ON A PLANE AND FINALLY GETTING TO READ AN ENTIRE BOOK AND BEING LEFT ALONE.
25. I THINK THAT THE BEST CAREER THAT SOMEONE CAN HAVE IS ONE THAT’S REFLECTIVE OF THEIR PERSONAL TASTES.