Chanel Iman Robinson (born December 1, 1990) is an American model, known professionally as Chanel Iman. She is best known for her work as a Victoria’s Secret model.
Iman was born in Atlanta, Georgia on December 1, 1990. She grew up in Los Angeles, California. Her mother is half Korean and half African American, and her father is African American.
Iman started modeling with Ford Models at the age of 13 as a child model in Los Angeles, California. She flew to New York in 2006 and won third place in Ford’s Supermodel of the World contest.
1. FIVE YEARS FROM NOW I SEE MYSELF STILL WORKING HARD TO GET WHERE I WANT TO BE, BECAUSE I THINK BIG.
2. IT TAKES TIME TO BE WHO YOU REALLY WANT TO BE. IT DOESN’T HAPPEN OVERNIGHT.
3. ACCEPT YOURSELF, LOVE YOURSELF.
4. A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP IS ALWAYS THE BEST WAY TO WAKE UP AND GO TO WORK.
5. I’M THINKING OF SLOWING DOWN ON MODELING AND BRANCHING OUT TO OTHER THINGS. I WANT TO PURSUE SOME NEW AND OLD DREAMS AND START MAKING THEM HAPPEN.
6. I ALWAYS TAKE MY TIME WHEN PICKING OUT OUTFITS AT HOME, BUT I WILL SAY I CAN CHANGE PRETTY QUICK WHEN I’M IN A HURRY.
7. I DRINK A LOT OF PROTEIN SHAKES AND DO A LOT OF WEIGHT LIFTING.
8. I’M MY OWN PERSON, AND I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW ME FOR WHO I AM.
9. THE FIRST TIME MY FRIENDS SAW ME IN A MAGAZINE I WAS SO EXCITED.
10. LET ME SAY THIS: I THINK MEN ARE A FULL-TIME JOB, AND I’M YOUNG AND I ALREADY HAVE ONE JOB. I’M JUST FOCUSED ON MY CAREER.
11. YOU LEARN TO BE COMFORTABLE IN YOUR OWN SKIN, AND YOUR BODY CHANGES THROUGHOUT LIFE, SO YOU CAN’T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF.