Christopher Chace Crawford (born July 18, 1985), better known as Chace Crawford, is an American actor. He is known for his portrayal of Nate Archibald on The CW’s teen drama series Gossip Girl (2007–2012).Crawford was born in Lubbock, Texas on July 18, 1985. His father, Chris, is a dermatologist, and his mother, Dana, is a teacher. He has a younger sister, former beauty queen Candice Crawford. Crawford was raised a Southern Baptist. While his father was at med school, Crawford lived in Bloomington, Minnesota for four years and attended Ridgeview Elementary School. When his father completed his training, the family moved back to Texas and settled in Plano, a suburb of Dallas. He was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) as a child. During high school, Crawford worked in an Abercrombie & Fitch store and modeled for Hollister. He graduated high school from Trinity Christian Academy in 2003. Following his graduation, Crawford attended Pepperdine University, studying broadcast journalism and marketing, but dropped out after a few semesters to focus on his acting career. He temporarily worked as a car valet to make ends meet.
1. DOUBT YOUR DOUBTS BEFORE YOU DOUBT YOUR BELIEFS.
2. I HATED MODELING.
3. NEW YORK’S A BIG PLAYGROUND. I HAVE A BIKE, AND I’M REALLY INTO JUST BEING OUTSIDE. ESPECIALLY IN THE SUMMERTIME.
4. I WENT INTO BROADCAST JOURNALISM. I LOVED EVERY CLASS I TOOK, I JUST GOT ANXIOUS BECAUSE I CAME TO THE REALIZATION THAT YOU’RE GROOMED IN HIGH SCHOOL TO GET GOOD SAT SCORES TO GET INTO A GOOD COLLEGE OR ELSE YOU’RE DONE FOR.
5. PERSONALLY I’M OBSESSIVE-COMPULSIVE ABOUT THE PLACEMENT AND CLEANLINESS OF MY THINGS.
6. MY PERFECT FIRST DATE? MAYBE A CONCERT OR A FOOTBALL GAME. THAT WOULD BE MY IDEAL FIRST DATE, BUT WOULD THE GIRL LIKE IT? I DON’T KNOW.
7. REALLY, I’M PRETTY LAID-BACK, ALWAYS CRACKING JOKES.
8. THERE ARE ALWAYS THOSE ‘GOSSIP GIRL’ WALK-AND-TALK SCENES WHERE YOU’RE WALKING AND JUST TALKING ABOUT LIFE AND DEATH. YOU’RE HAVING A SERIOUS CONVERSATION, LOOKING SOMEONE IN THE EYE, BUT EVERYWHERE AROUND YOU, IT’S LITERALLY A CIRCUS.