Catherine Élise “Cate” Blanchett (born 14 May 1969) is an Australian actress of screen and stage. She is widely considered one of the best actors of her generation, and has received critical acclaim and many accolades, including two Academy Awards, three Screen Actors Guild Awards, three Golden Globe Awards and three BAFTA Awards. She was appointed Chevalier of the Order of Arts and Letters by the French government in 2012.
1. I THINK PILATES IS GREAT, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU CAN DO IT WITH A TRAINER WHO KEEPS YOU ON TRACK.
2. AN ACTRESS ONCE ADVISED ME, ‘MAKE SURE YOU DO YOUR OWN LAUNDRY – IT WILL KEEP YOU HONEST.’
3. VIOLENCE AND RACISM ARE BAD. WHENEVER THEY OCCUR THEY ARE TO BE CONDEMNED AND WE SHOULD NOT TURN A BLIND EYE TO THEM.
4. I THINK THAT’S WHAT I LOVE ABOUT MY LIFE. THERE’S NO MANIACAL MASTER PLAN. IT’S JUST UNFOLDING BEFORE ME.
5. I’M NOT FOCUSED ON WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK OF ME.
6. WHEN YOU’RE DIRECTING SOMETHING, YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO BE INVOLVED IN ALL LAYERS OF THE PROCESS.
7. EVERY DIRECTOR WORKS DIFFERENTLY.
8. IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO FAIL, THAN FAIL GLORIOUSLY.
9. IF YOU ONLY EXERCISE YOUR SOLOIST MUSCLES, THE OTHER MUSCLES QUICKLY ATROPHY.