Carol Ann Alt (born December 1, 1960) is an American model and actress.
Alt was born in Flushing, Queens, New York, the daughter of Muriel, an airline employee and model, and Anthony Alt, a fire chief.Alt’s first big break in modeling was in 1986, when she was featured on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar magazine, but garnered publicity in 1982 when she was featured on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. During the 1980s she appeared on over 500 magazine covers, becoming one of the most famous models of her era. She was referred to as “The Face” by Life Magazine. During the height of her popularity, she was the face of ad campaigns for Diet Pepsi, General Motors, Cover Girl Cosmetics, Noxzema, Hanes and numerous others. She was the first model to produce her own posters and calendars. She was noticed waiting tables in East Williston, Long Island and decided at age 18 to give modeling a try as a summer job to save money for college. Alt is of German, Belgian and Irish descent.
1. I HOPE THAT WOMEN EVERYWHERE WILL WEAR THIS JEWELRY AND FEEL THE PASSION AND LOVE THAT IS, TO ME, THE REAL SPIRIT OF TRUE HARMONY.
2. I RUN LIKE AN ELECTRIC GOLF CART. NOW I LOOK AT EATING AS A WAY TO FEED MY BODY AND KEEP ME YOUNGER. IT’S NOT ABOUT STARVING YOUR BODY, BUT TREATING YOUR BODY LIKE A FERRARI. YOU DON’T PUT IN THE CRAPPIEST GAS YOU CAN FIND. YOU USE SUPREME. IN THE LONG TERM, YOU’LL RUN CLEAN.
3. IF YOU COULD SIT DOWN WITH JESUS, YOU WOULDN’T NEED ANYBODY ELSE. HE COULD ANSWER ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS. INSTEAD OF EINSTEIN AND LOUIS PASTEUR AND MADAME CURRY, YOU COULD JUST HAVE JESUS AND HE COULD ANSWER FOR ALL OF THEM.
4. FOOD SHOULD BE RAW, JUST THE WAY GOD INTENDED IT!
5. I FOUND MY PRINCE – HE’S A HOCKEY PLAYER AND WE MET AT AN NHL EVENT, THE LAST PLACE I’D EVER EXPECT TO MEET SOMEONE, BUT THERE HE WAS.
6. I THINK WITH MOST ALL OF US, WE WANT CONTROL OF OUR IMAGE – IT’S PART OF THE WORK THAT WE DO.
7. SOMETIMES FACT IS STRANGER THAN FICTION.
8. SOMETIMES I GET SO WROUGHT UP BEING BRUSHED, POKED AND PINNED ALL DAY.
9. IF YOU CAN EAT 70 PERCENT RAW OR INTRODUCE RAW INTO YOUR DIET, IT WILL HELP YOUR HEALTH.
10. I NEVER THOUGHT I WAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL MODEL OUT THERE OR THE MOST SEXY WOMAN, BUT I WAS A HARD WORKER.
11. I AM THRILLED TO BE ABLE TO BRING MY VISION OF BEAUTY TO OTHERS WHO MAY BE INSPIRED BY IT.
12. BECOMING AN ACTRESS TAKES A LOT LONGER THAN BEING A STAR. I DON’T WANT TO BE A STAR. I WANT TO BE AN ACTRESS. I WANT TO BUILD A CAREER.
13. I NEVER DRANK EXCEPT A COUPLE SIPS OF WINE AT THANKSGIVING.
14. IF I’M MAKING A MOVIE AND GET HUNGRY, I CALL TIME-OUT AND EAT SOME CRACKERS.
15. THERE WAS REALLY NO FRIENDSHIP IN MODELING, THOUGH A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF WARMTH COMES FROM RUNNING INTO MODELS YOU KNOW ON SHOOTS, BECAUSE YOU END UP IN SO MANY UNFAMILIAR PLACES, FROM ALASKA TO AFRICA.
16. I’M NOT A FAST DRIVER. I’VE SEEN WHAT SPEED CAN DO.
17. I THINK THAT WHAT SCARES ME MORE THAN GETTING FAT DURING PREGNANCY IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF A CHILD.
18. IT’S NOT ABOUT FAILURE; IT’S ABOUT TRYING SOMETHING AND RISKING SOMETHING FOR ATTAINING YOUR GOAL.
19. MY MOM COOKED POT ROAST WITH NOODLES AND FROZEN VEGETABLES. OR SHE’D MAKE SPAGHETTI OR HOT DOGS, OR HEAT UP TV DINNERS. BEFORE I STARTED MODELING AT AGE 19, I WAS 5’8″ AND WEIGHED 165 POUNDS.
20. ELLE MACPHERSON IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING; SHE IS JUST SO BEAUTIFUL.
21. EVERYBODY’S EATING ALL MY – BROWNIES, GRANOLA, ANYTHING YOU EAT COOKED, I CAN FIND YOU RAW.
22. I DON’T EAT CELERY. I EAT RAW MILK, CHEESES.
23. I HAVE A SENTIMENTAL FEELING FOR MY VERY FIRST COVER I WAS ON – IT WAS ‘BAZAAR’ MAGAZINE.
24. I’M NOT A VEGETARIAN.
25. SOCIETY SAYS THAT MEN NEED TO BE BIGGER AND STRONGER, AND THEY MUST PROTECT THEIR WOMEN AND SO ON.
26. THERE WAS A POINT IN TIME WHEN I WAS IN DIRE NEED OF CHANGING THE WAY THE MODEL AGENCY WAS WORKING.
27. I DIDN’T THINK THERE WAS LIFE AFTER MODELLING, BELIEVE ME. IT’S A HIT TO THE EGO WHEN YOU ARE NOT THE DIVA ON THE SET ANY MORE. BUT I THINK WHAT KEEPS ME GOING ARE CHALLENGES. I LOVE WHEN PEOPLE TELL ME I CAN’T DO SOMETHING.
28. IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT AGE YOU ARE. YOU CAN LOOK SEXY AND FEEL GREAT, AND THAT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE A GIFT ONLY FOR THE YOUNG. IT CAN BE A GIFT FOR ANY AGE, EVEN THE OLD, WHATEVER THAT IS NOWADAYS.
29. I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH HYPOGLYCEMIA, AN ABNORMAL DECREASE OF SUGAR IN THE BLOOD. EVENTUALLY I LEARNED TO EAT FIVE SMALL MEALS A DAY. NOW IF I’M MAKING A MOVIE AND GET HUNGRY, I CALL TIME OUT TO EAT SOME CRACKERS.
30. BECAUSE I WAS THE FIRST SUPER-ELITE, THE PRESS CAUGHT ON AND STARTED CALLING ME A SUPERMODEL. SO IN THAT SENSE, I GUESS I’M THE FIRST. BUT, IN MY OPINION, THERE WERE GIRLS THAT COULD HAVE BEEN CALLED SUPERMODELS BEFORE THAT, IF THE TERM WAS IN EXISTENCE.
31. I WENT ALONG DOING THE ONE-SALAD-A-NIGHT ROUTINE FOR A YEAR. AND I REMEMBER FEELING SO TIRED AND DEPRESSED AND IRRITABLE. I HAD NO PERSONAL LIFE. I WAS ALWAYS FLYING SOMEPLACE – WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS, VACATIONS. DINNERS AT NIGHT WERE NO FUN BECAUSE I COULDN’T EAT.