Bryce Dallas Howard (born March 2, 1981) is an American film actress, writer and director. The daughter of director Ron Howard, she made her acting debut in her father’s film Parenthood (1989) and went on to have small roles in films and make stage appearances for the next several years. During this time she also attended New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts, later getting a BFA and went to drama schools. After she came to the attention of M. Night Shyamalan, he cast her in what would be her breakout film, The Village (2004) and then in Lady in the Water (2006). Her performance in As You Like It (2006) earned her a Golden Globe Award nomination.
1. WHEN I WORK ON A FILM, I ALWAYS TEND TO RELATE TO THE CREW.
2. I STRUGGLED IMMENSELY WITH CELEBRITIES OF ALL KINDS. I GET CLAMMY HANDS AND TURN A LITTLE PURPLE.
3. MY DAD’S MORE THREE-DIMENSIONAL THAN OPIE TAYLOR OR RICHIE CUNNINGHAM. HE EVEN HAS A TEMPER! HE’S A REAL PERSON. BUT SOME PEOPLE ARE DISAPPOINTED BY THAT.
4. I WAS RAISED IN CONNECTICUT. AND I HONESTLY WASN’T AWARE THAT MY DAD WAS A CELEBRITY UNTIL I MOVED TO LOS ANGELES A YEAR AGO.
5. IT WAS SUCH A PARADOX FOR ME THAT THE ONLY THING I KNOW HOW TO DO IS ACT, BUT THAT THE FIRST THING I ABANDONED WHILE WRITING WERE THE CHARACTERS.