Audrey Justine Tautou (born 9 August 1976) is a French actress and model. Signed by an agent at age 17, she made her acting debut at 18 on television and her feature film debut the following year in Venus Beauty Institute (1999), to critical acclaim she won the César Award for Most Promising Actress. Her subsequent roles in the 1990s and 2000s included Le Libertin and Happenstance (2000). Tautou achieved recognition for her lead role in the 2001 film Amélie, which met with critical acclaim and was a major box-office success. Amélie won Best Film at the European Film Awards; it won four César Awards, two BAFTA Awards, and was nominated for five Academy Awards.
1. I NEVER WANT TO DO THE SAME THINGS TWICE. I LIKE SURPRISES.
2. I UNDERSTAND THAT WE CANNOT MAKE OTHER PEOPLE HAPPY WHEN THEY ARE UNHAPPY.
3. I’VE NEVER REALLY HAD A RELATIONSHIP WITH HOLLYWOOD. I’VE NEVER HAD A DESIRE TO WORK THERE.
4. I CAN BE MATERNAL WITH MY FRIENDS.
5. I’VE RECEIVED SOME ENGLISH-SPEAKING SCRIPTS, BUT I WAS NOT INTERESTED IN THEM.
6. I’M NOT READY TO DO ANY COMPROMISES FOR MY WORK.
7. IT MIGHT SEEM PARADOXICAL GIVEN MY PROFESSION, BUT I’M NOT SOMEONE WHO LIKES TO BE IN THE LIMELIGHT.
8. IT’S DIFFICULT TO FEEL THAT PEOPLE ARE LOOKING AT YOU IN THE STREET. I DON’T LIKE THE FUSS.