Anna Helene Paquin (born 24 July 1982) is a Canadian-born New Zealand actress. Her first film was The Piano, for which she won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in March 1994 at the age of 11, making her the second youngest winner in Oscar history. She later appeared in a number of successful films, including Fly Away Home, She’s All That, Almost Famous, and the X-Men franchise as Rogue from Marvel Comics. Paquin is also known for her role as Sookie Stackhouse in the HBO series True Blood, for which she won a Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Drama in 2009.
1. IF I DON’T DO LAUNDRY TODAY, I’M GONNA HAVE TO BUY NEW CLOTHES TOMORROW.
2. I DON’T KNOW WHAT IT IS THAT I’M DOING, BUT I’M REALLY ENJOYING MYSELF. AND I’M FREE TO DO IT AS MUCH AS I WANT.
3. ONE HATE CRIME IS COMMITTED APPROXIMATELY EVERY HOUR OF EVERY DAY IN THIS COUNTRY.
4. STUBBORN PEOPLE GET THEMSELVES IN A LOT OF TROUBLE, BUT THEY ALSO GET THINGS DONE.
5. I WORK OUT LIKE A MANIAC AND I SPRAY TAN A LOT. GENETICS WERE KIND, BUT I WORK VERY HARD.
6. NONE OF THE CHARACTERS I’VE PLAYED ARE REALLY LIKE ME. THAT WOULD BE BORING. THAT WOULDN’T BE ACTING.
7. I STILL DON’T REALLY THINK ABOUT ACTING THAT MUCH. I JUST DO IT.
8. THERE ARE VERY FEW FILMS OR PLAYS OR ANYTHING ABOUT REALLY HAPPY PEOPLE WITH PERFECT LIVES.
9. I WAS NEVER OVEREXPOSED AND WORK NEVER BECAME A CHORE. I WAS A VERY GOOD GIRL WANTING TO DO A GOOD JOB.
10. JUST BECAUSE I DO WHAT I DO DOESN’T MEAN I ESCAPED ADOLESCENCE, ALL THE BUMPS AND BRUISES THAT GO ALONG WITH IT.
11. FRANKLY, NO ONE HAD EVER ASKED ME BEFORE. MY SEXUALITY IS SOMETHING I’M COMPLETELY COMFORTABLE WITH AND OPEN ABOUT.
12. I’VE NEVER REALLY BEEN ONE OF THOSE GIRLS WHO’S SCARED OF SHOWING A BIT OF FLESH.
13. YOU FIND HAPPINESS WHERE YOU FIND IT.
14. I LIKE A CHALLENGE.
15. SOOKIE IS ALWAYS IN DISTRESS, IT WOULDN’T BE ‘TRUE BLOOD’ IF SOMEONE WASN’T TRYING TO KILL HER.