Amy Lou Adams (born August 20, 1974) is an American actress. She began her career on stage performing in dinner theatre and made her screen debut with the 1999 black comedy film Drop Dead Gorgeous. After moving to Los Angeles and appearing in a series of television guest appearances and roles in B movies, she was cast in the role of Brenda Strong in Steven Spielberg’s Catch Me If You Can (2002). Her breakthrough role came with the 2005 independent film Junebug, for which she received critical acclaim and her first of five Academy Award nominations for Best Supporting Actress. Adams subsequently starred in Disney’s 2007 musical film Enchanted, a critical and commercial success, and received a Golden Globe Award nomination for her lead performance. She received her second Academy Award and Golden Globe nominations and first BAFTA Award nomination for her supporting role in the 2008 film Doubt.
1. I THINK A LOT OF TIMES WE DON’T PAY ENOUGH ATTENTION TO PEOPLE WITH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE BECAUSE WE ASSUME THEY ARE NAIVE OR STUPID OR UNSCHOOLED.
2. I FIND THAT IT’S THE SIMPLE THINGS THAT REMIND YOU OF FAMILY AROUND THE HOLIDAYS.
3. I’D LOVE TO BE A DIVA. BUT I’D THEN HAVE TO SEND SO MANY APOLOGY NOTES FOR MY ABHORRENT BEHAVIOUR.
4. I’M ONE OF SEVEN KIDS. THAT’LL KEEP YOUR EGO IN CHECK.
5. I’M REALLY GOOD AT GYMNASTICS, AND THAT’S ABOUT IT.
6. I DO LOVE SHOES THAT MAKE MY LEGS LONGER. I HAVE THE UPPER BODY OF SOMEONE WHO’S 5FT 8IN, SO HIGH HEELS HELP ME EVEN OUT THE DISCREPANCY.
7. I WAS THE DORK IN HIGH SCHOOL WHO SANG MUSICAL NUMBERS UP AND DOWN THE HALLWAYS.
8. MY DAD IS A SINGER. HE USED TO SING IN NIGHTCLUBS, OR PIZZA JOINTS.
9. HOW I WORK IS I WORK FROM OF VERY CHARACTER-DRIVEN PLACE. AND I TRUST THE WRITERS.
10. AS AN ACTRESS PEOPLE ALWAYS TEASE ME LIKE: IF THERE’S ANYTHING YOU CAN DO TO MAKE YOURSELF UNATTRACTIVE YOU WILL DO IT.
11. THE MUPPETS HAVE SUCH A GREAT TRADITION OF BRINGING TOGETHER ALL OF GENRES OF ACTORS AND ALL AGES OF ACTORS.
12. I’M NOT THE KIND OF ACTRESS WHO ASKS A LOT OF QUESTIONS OF MY DIRECTORS UNLESS IT’S SOMETHING I REALLY NEED TO KNOW.
13. THAT’S HOW I PREPARE FOR ANYTHING – I READ WHATEVER I CAN GET MY HANDS ON, TALK TO PEOPLE. I’M A BIT OF A NERD LIKE THAT.
14. I’M MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE SPEAKING THROUGH MY CHARACTERS’ VOICES THAN MY OWN.
15. I’M JUST GRATEFUL I DIDN’T HAVE TO SPEND MY EARLY 20S IN FRONT OF PAPARAZZI CAMERAS.