Alicia Silverstone (born October 4, 1976) is an American actress, producer, author, and activist. Silverstone made her film debut in The Crush, earning the 1994 MTV Movie Award for Best Breakthrough Performance, and gained further prominence as a teen idol when she appeared in three music videos for the band Aerosmith. She starred in the 1995 sleeper hit Clueless (which earned her a multi-million-dollar deal with Columbia) and in the big-budget 1997 film Batman & Robin, in which she played Batgirl. She has continued to act in film and television and on stage. A vegan, Silverstone endorsed PETA activities and published a book titled The Kind Diet.
1. MY BOYFRIEND CALLS ME ‘PRINCESS’, BUT I THINK OF MYSELF MORE ALONG THE LINES OF ‘MONKEY’ AND ‘RETARD’.
2. I DON’T WANT TO BE KNOWN AS THE AEROSMITH CHICK, BUT IT’S FUN TO PUT ON THE BOOTS AND MAKEUP AND ACT LIKE A TOUGH GIRL.
3. I’M REACHABLE FOR PEOPLE, I’M NOT OUT OF THEIR LEAGUE. I’M JUST A NORMAL GIRL.
4. I TRULY LOVED DOING THE VIDEOS, BUT IT HAS BEEN HARD HEARING ALL THE TIME THAT YOU’RE JUST THE AEROSMITH CHICK.
5. WHEN I WAS 18 YEARS OLD I WENT TO SHAKESPEARE COMPANY, THE SCHOOL, AND I WROTE A POEM ABOUT MY LEAVES – I FELT LIKE A TREE THAT HAD NO LEAVES. THAT IS THE LIFE AT 18.
6. I DON’T TAKE ANY OF THE MEDICATIONS I TOOK WHEN I WAS YOUNGER: ANTIBIOTICS, ANTACIDS, ASPIRIN, ASTHMA INHALERS, ULCER MEDICATION, ALLERGY SHOTS.
7. CLOTHES MAKE ME DIZZY.
8. CREATIVE COLLABORATION IS AWESOME.
9. I DIDN’T WANT TO GET MARRIED – I THOUGHT IT WAS LIKE A CULT! IT SEEMED SO CONSERVATIVE AND UNNATURAL.
10. I DON’T KNOW WHAT ANXIETY IS LIKE ANYMORE.
11. I HATE TO SHOP.
12. I LOVE COOKING AND ONE OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS TO DO WITH MY HUSBAND IS OPEN UP THE REFRIGERATOR.
13. I THINK ANY TIME ANYBODY SAYS SOMETHING NASTY ABOUT YOU, IT’S HARD TO DEAL WITH IT.
14. I THINK I CAN DECEIVE PEOPLE. I’M LIKE, THE NICE, SWEET GIRL WHEN YOU MEET ME. AND I DON’T HAVE ANY BAD INTENTIONS. BUT I’M A BAD GIRL TOO.
15. BEING VEGAN JUST GIVES YOU SUCH GREAT KARMA.
16. WHEN YOU’RE OFFERED THINGS, IT MAKES IT SO MUCH EASIER TO BE INDECISIVE. AND IT’S SILLY BECAUSE YOU CAN PASS ON SOME REALLY AMAZING THINGS.
17. I’M SO COMFORTABLE AND HAPPY WITH THE WOMAN THAT I AM.
18. PEOPLE THINK, ‘WOW, YOU’RE AN ACTRESS, SO PEOPLE MUST BE REALLY NICE TO YOU AND KISS YOUR ASS.’ NOBODY KISSES MY ASS.
19. AS HUMAN BEINGS WE’RE SO CYNICAL, SO UNCOMPASSIONATE.
20. I CAME FROM A GENERATION OF ACTORS FOR WHOM TV WAS TABOO.
21. I DON’T HAVE TIME FOR FRIENDS.
22. I DON’T JUST WANT TO BE THE GIRL BOYS GET EXCITED ABOUT, I HAVE NO DESIRE FOR PEOPLE TO SEE ME IN A SEXY WAY. I WON’T DO NUDITY EVER.
23. I KNEW THAT I WANTED TO BE A FILM ACTRESS AND I NEVER WATCHED TV. I WAS ALWAYS TOO BUSY.
24. I NEVER COUNT CALORIES, BUT I EAT SO WELL.