Alexa Ellesse PenaVega (born August 27, 1988) is an American actress and singer. She is best known for her role as Carmen Cortez in the Spy Kids film series and Shilo Wallace in the film Repo! the Genetic Opera. In 2009, she starred as the title character Ruby Gallagher in the ABC Family series Ruby & The Rockits.
Alexa Vega was born in Miami, Florida. Her father is Colombian and her mother, Gina Rue, is an American former model. Vega has six siblings: paternal half-sister Margaux Vega (b. 1981), sister Krizia Vega (b. 1990), sister Makenzie Vega (b. 1994), maternal half-sister Greylin James (b. 2000), maternal half-brother Jet James (b. 2005), and maternal half-brother Cruz Hudson Rue (b. 2009). She moved with her family to California when she was four years old.
1. I CONSIDER MY MOM AND ALL MY SISTERS MY FRIENDS.
2. I DON’T WANT TO GET STUCK PLAYING THE SAME CHARACTER OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
3. I LOVE DOING COMEDY. IT’S A LOT OF FUN.
4. I LOVE WORKING WITH DARREN LYNN BOUSMAN. HE IS SUCH A COOL DIRECTOR WITH REALLY GREAT IDEAS.
5. I REALLY WANTED TO PURSUE MUSIC, BUT ALL THOSE OTHER GIRLS ARE DOING IT AND IT IS ANNOYING.
6. KIDS NEED TO OPEN UP TO THEIR PARENTS. AND PARENTS SHOULD REALIZE THAT WHEN KIDS ARE PUSHING YOU AWAY, THAT’S THE TIME TO REALLY STEP IN.
7. WHEN A CASTING AGENT SEES ME, HE KIND OF KNOWS WHAT HE’S GETTING.
8. I THINK I AM TOO OLD TO BE DOING TEEN MOVIES. I AM JUST KIND OF ANNOYED, BECAUSE YOU HAVE ALL THESE TEEN MOVIES COMING OUT WITH USUALLY EITHER LINDSAY LOHAN OR HILARY DUFF DOING FOUR OF THE EXACT TEEN MOVIES OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
9. WELL, BECAUSE I’M NATURALLY A TOMBOY, WHEN I HAVE SLEEPOVERS WITH GIRLS, THEY END UP GOING HOME AND CRYING.
10. DON’T GET ME WRONG, I’M GOING TO PLAY THE YOUNG ROLE AS LONG AS I CAN BECAUSE ONCE THAT SHIP HAS SAILED, THERE’S NO GETTING BACK ON IT.
11. I GUESS IF YOU ARE MAKING MORE MONEY THAN YOUR MOM AND DAD, YOU CAN SET YOUR OWN BOUNDARIES.
12. I LOVE TAKING ON ROLES THAT I HAVEN’T YET DONE IN MY CAREER.
13. I REALLY LOOK UP TO ACTORS LIKE GWYNETH PALTROW AND CATE BLANCHETT WHO HAVE A STRONG BACKGROUND IN THEATRE.
14. I’M ALREADY A TINY PERSON, SO NOW I’M TRYING TO GO TO THE GYM TO ADD MUSCLE. I NEED IT!
15. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOMEONE BEING PICKED ON AT SCHOOL, AND IT’S NOT GOING TO GO AWAY.
16. I REALLY DON’T GET NERVOUS WHEN I PERFORM -IT’S MORE OF AN EXCITING FEELING THAN ANYTHING ELSE. BUT PUT ME IN A CLASSROOM WITH KIDS MY AGE AND HAVE ME TAKE A TEST AND YEAH, I’LL BE NERVOUS!
17. I’D LIKE TO GO TO NYU BUSINESS SCHOOL AND THEN GO ON TO FILM SCHOOL.
18. GUYS ARE SO EASYGOING AND GIRLS ARE A LITTLE HARDER TO PLEASE, BUT THAT’S OKAY.
19. I AM TAKING BELLY DANCING NOW. MY HIPS ARE DOUBLE-JOINTED, SO I CAN DO IT REALLY EASILY.
20. I HANG OUT WITH ALL THE CREW ON SET. IT JUST MAKES IT EASIER TO WORK. YOU FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE AROUND EVERYONE.
21. I NEED A SUV, FOR ME AND MY FOUR SISTERS. SO, I’VE NARROWED IT DOWN TO FOUR, KIND OF EXPENSIVE, CARS.
22. I THINK IT REALLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE WHEN YOU KNOW THE PEOPLE THAT YOU’RE WORKING WITH, WHEN YOU DEVELOP A RELATIONSHIP.
23. THE INTERNET HAS BECOME A TOOL TO PICK ON PEOPLE AND RUIN SOMEONE’S LIFE. I DON’T THINK PARENTS REALIZE WHAT’S GOING ON.
24. I ALWAYS THINK IT’S HARD FOR ANY YOUNG ACTOR TO MAKE THAT TRANSITION TO MORE GROWN-UP ROLES. BECAUSE YOU DON’T WANT TO ALIENATE YOUR AUDIENCE WHO HAS BEEN SUPPORTIVE OF YOU FOR SO MANY YEARS, SO YOU KIND OF HAVE TO TIPTOE THROUGH THAT PROCESS.
25. MY MOM SENT ME TO REGULAR HIGH SCHOOL BECAUSE SHE WANTED ME TO HAVE THAT EXPERIENCE AND NOT SAY THAT I MISSED OUT, BUT I DIDN’T LIKE IT AT ALL. I’M MORE COMFORTABLE IN THE WORLD THAT I’M IN, I GREW UP IN IT SO WHEN I GET AROUND NORMAL KIDS IN REGULAR HIGH SCHOOL I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I FEEL MORE SECURE IN AN ADULT ENVIRONMENT.
26. THE INTERNET HAS BECOME A TOOL TO PICK ON PEOPLE AND RUIN SOMEONE’S LIFE. I DON’T THINK PARENTS REALIZE WHAT’S GOING ON. JUST BECAUSE YOU’RE NOT AT SCHOOL DOESN’T MEAN KIDS AREN’T HARASSING YOU ON THE COMPUTER.