Adrien Brody (born April 14, 1973) is an American actor. He received widespread recognition and acclaim after starring in Roman Polanski’s The Pianist (2002), for which he won the Academy Award for Best Actor at age 29, the only actor under 30 to do so. Brody is also the only American actor to receive the French César Award.Brody was born in Woodhaven, Queens, New York, the son of Sylvia Plachy, a photojournalist, and Elliot Brody, a retired history professor and painter. Brody’s father is of Polish Jewish descent; Brody’s mother – who was raised as a Catholic – was born in Budapest, Hungary, the daughter of a Catholic Hungarian aristocrat father and a Czech Jewish mother.
1. YOU’D BE SURPRISED HOW DIFFICULT IT IS RELINQUISH A CELL PHONE.
2. WHAT GUIDES ME IS TO DO WORK THAT’S MORE AVANT-GARDE – THINGS THAT I THINK ARE SPECIAL. YOU CAN EASILY BECOME A CELEBRITY AND GET CAUGHT UP IN ALL THAT BLUR. I JUST WANT TO WORK AND SURPRISE MYSELF.
3. I ALWAYS HAD AN ACTOR WITHIN ME.
4. IT WOULD BE TERRIBLY BORING TO BE EARNEST.
5. WAR IS CHAOTIC AND WHEN YOU START HAVING A LARGER SCALE FILM AND YOU HAVE A LOT OF SAFETY PROTOCOLS AND CHOREOGRAPHY, I WOULD IMAGINE IT BECOMES MORE DIFFICULT.
6. IT’S INTERESTING BECAUSE YOU FEEL ON THE ONE HAND, WE UNDERSTAND PEOPLE FROM WHAT THE SAY, AND IN ANOTHER SENSE, YOU’D THINK THAT YOU’D BE ABLE TO CONVEY MORE THROUGH DIALOGUE.
7. IT’S INTERESTING, WINNING AN ACADEMY AWARD AS A YOUNG MAN… LIFE-CHANGING, BUT I’M JUST ME WITHIN THAT. IT’S BEEN VERY HELPFUL FOR MY CAREER, BUT I’M TRYING TO STAY ON THE PATH I WAS ON BEFORE.
8. OBVIOUSLY I’M NOT THERE TO PICK UP ANYBODY, BUT I’M NOT AFRAID TO HANG OUT IN A PREDOMINANTLY GAY ESTABLISHMENT.
9. MY DAD TOLD ME, ‘IT TAKES FIFTEEN YEARS TO BE AN OVERNIGHT SUCCESS’, AND IT TOOK ME SEVENTEEN AND A HALF YEARS.
10. I WAS A WILD, MISCHIEVOUS KID, AND I HAD TREMENDOUS IMAGINATION. ANY EXPERIENCE I HAD, I’D TRY TO REENACT IT.
11. IT’S GREAT WHEN PEOPLE APPRECIATE YOUR WORK, BUT I DON’T KNOW HOW SERIOUSLY TO TAKE IT. THE AMAZING THING IS THAT I FOUND SOMETHING SO EARLY THAT I CAN SUPPORT MYSELF DOING, AND THAT CAN EVEN BE EXTREMELY LUCRATIVE, BUT I LOVE IT EITHER WAY.
12. I GREW UP WITHOUT A LOT OF MONEY AND MY PARENTS GREW UP WITH FAR LESS MONEY. AND THAT’S KEPT ME IN LINE. REALLY IN LINE.